Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:22 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's not the point. These cases that were exonerated were cut and dry, clear as can be, slam dunk cases too, more often than not. The public believed that, and the system believed that.

These people (that were exonerated) spent decades on death row, and were exonerated. You call that pointless and wasteful, so in fact, you're promoting the execution of innocent people to save some money.
That is EXACTLY what you are doing.

There is NO excuse for having capital punishment in this day and age. The vast majority of the Western World understood this long ago.

At least, thankfully, we still have a little bit of a Constitution to slow the process.
Don't be so whiny. This is the point. You just don't want to see it. There is no possibility of a mistake in this case. He did the deed and there are 17 counts that carry the death penalty. There is no need for decades of checking and rechecking. We need to move on.

We have plenty of Constitution. But we do need a little more sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Don't be so whiny. This is the point. You just don't want to see it. There is no possibility of a mistake in this case. He did the deed and there are 17 counts that carry the death penalty. There is no need for decades of checking and rechecking. We need to move on.

Lets get this case straight..This is NOT a case of wrongful conviction..Even defense attorney admitted HE was there and did all those things..SO scratch that off the list...While I'm not a DP proponent.(ya know live in Canada and all)..This man-child will suffer for the rest of his miserable life in Prison 23 of 24 hours a day to live with himself for his actions..I don't necessarily care he was 19..BUT many do consider the influence of his extreme brother as a mitigating factor for LIFE w/o parole... I recall even Timothy McVeigh even requested DP and halted all appeals because isolation was JUST too much for him...It's a daily torture knowing you will never leave that place..

Someone mentioned closure..It will never happen for any of those victims..It's a nightmare they will re-live for the rest of their lives..Wasting $$ and time forcing these victims to constantly re-visit it vividly is torture too...Then of course..someone did mention about he envy's his brother...Well, his note left in that boat suggests..HE is jealous of his brother for being in Paradise and yet he didn't OFF HIMSELF when he had many opportunities to become DEAD..Suicide by Cop or OFF himself....

I'm fine with whatever Jury decides...which verdict will cause more PAIN to Victims?? No one should ever assume which is which..Come of them just want to move forward..while others want DP...

Old 04-09-2015, 04:05 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
When the Cheshire (Connecticut) home invasion happened, and there was talk of death penalty, my wish was that this could happen: Ask the guilty piece of scum what they'd prefer -- death or life in prison. Whatever they choose, do the opposite.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM

947 posts, read 1,401,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David223 View Post
I say let him go meet all the virgins those animals dream about. Hang him...
This is what actually happened when Tamerlan entered paradise. Expecting to be greeted by the 72 virgins, he instead found himself face to face with a furious George Washington, who gave Tamerlan a quick kick in the cojones that doubled him over in pain.

Next, a seething Patrick Henry clobbered him with a right.

Then an angry Thomas Jefferson socked him with an uppercut.

Even the normally peace-loving Woodrow Wilson showed up and gave Tamerlan a flying kick to the chest.

"Hey", gasped a bleeding and battered Tamerlan, "what happened to those 72 virgins I was promised for killing the infidels?"

A deep heavenly voice above him suddenly boomed out.

"You fool. I didn't promise you 72 virgins. I promised you 72 Virginians!"

Old 04-09-2015, 04:57 PM

10,014 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
When the Cheshire (Connecticut) home invasion happened, and there was talk of death penalty, my wish was that this could happen: Ask the guilty piece of scum what they'd prefer -- death or life in prison. Whatever they choose, do the opposite.
I'm pretty sure at least one of the Connecticut killers did get the death penalty.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 PM

This debate over the death penalty always degenerates into some philosophical argument. I don't really care to be a part of it. In the end, it's what the jury decides that count.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:33 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,422,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Death to this scum would be far too kind!
It would be, but only the needle is appropriate for what the waste of life helped do!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:02 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I'm pretty sure at least one of the Connecticut killers did get the death penalty.
You're right. I just looked it up -- they both received the death penalty. It was around that same time, though, that CT was talking about abolishing it, which caused all sorts of screaming, as you can imagine. Steven Hayes -- one of the scumbags -- has tried to kill himself a few times, saying that he doesn't want to live. Well, most people don't want him to live either.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:33 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

Who decided that there is no possibility of mistake? You? A judge?

Death row has many innocent people for who the public, the jury, the prosecutor, and the judge thought there was NO POSSIBILITY of mistake.

That is the point.

We can "move on" by having the person in a supermax prison.

And no, we don't have plenty of Constitution. Not anymore. You have a crudload of dopes in this country that still think along the lines of "I don't have anything to hide, only criminals have something to hide, go ahead and search me, government agent". No, we don't have enough Constitution, and it isn't being taught. Civics are all but gone from the curriculum.

Quote:
This debate over the death penalty always degenerates into some philosophical argument. I don't really care to be a part of it. In the end, it's what the jury decides that count.
And juries are often wrong. Often because of selective evidence presenting by prosecutors.

And it isn't "degenerating" into a philosophical argument, the entire concept about state sanction killing is rooted in philosophy.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Who decided that there is no possibility of mistake? You? A judge?

Death row has many innocent people for who the public, the jury, the prosecutor, and the judge thought there was NO POSSIBILITY of mistake.

That is the point.

We can "move on" by having the person in a supermax prison.

And no, we don't have plenty of Constitution. Not anymore. You have a crudload of dopes in this country that still think along the lines of "I don't have anything to hide, only criminals have something to hide, go ahead and search me, government agent". No, we don't have enough Constitution, and it isn't being taught. Civics are all but gone from the curriculum.

And juries are often wrong. Often because of selective evidence presenting by prosecutors.

And it isn't "degenerating" into a philosophical argument, the entire concept about state sanction killing is rooted in philosophy.

Whatever, don't have a cow. The fact is, you won't be able to change my mind, nor I yours. So, a pointless argument with no end. You want him in jail forever. I want him shot. We have no say in this. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts