Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 06:49 AM
V&L V&L started this thread

112 posts, read 149,876 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving with my two kids to MA. I know I will have probably the smallest house in any of these towns (maybe add Concord as well), but because of my work (I am a therapist), I have to stay at a good area and I was wondering what difference there is between these towns in terms of overall feel and people, picturesque quality and amenities of downtown, restaurants/theater /culture, natural beauty, architecture, education (especially public elementary and middle schools), open-mindedness, intelligence and kindness or people, etc. Any input is very much appreciated, (including suggesting a new town as well)!

Last edited by V&L; 10-30-2015 at 07:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 07:27 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,423,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V&L View Post
Hello,

I am moving with my two kids to CT.

If you're moving to Connecticut then you probably want to look at towns in Connecticut!

Old 10-30-2015, 07:37 AM

I meant MA. We are considering CT, MA and also looked at Vermont, but we ruled out Vermont at the end. Thank you for your input.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:56 AM

55 posts, read 87,662 times
There's not much difference between any of those towns. They all have scenic roads, big houses, good schools and you need a fair amount of money to live comfortably in any of them.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:59 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,015,219 times
Wellesley and Lexington are very similar and are very, very suburban places. Wellesley home prices are more expensive though because of it's better access to Boston both by car and public transportation. Both have extremely well regarded school systems, great town centers, and tons of activities/amenities for the residents. Lexington has more historical sites sprinkled around town and Wellesley I'm going to guess probably has a higher median income than Lexington but they're quite similar places.

Dover and Weston also pair up nicely and they have a much more rural feel than many other area suburbs. Dover I would say has an even more rural feel as there are a lot of farms and horse farms in town. Weston has a touch more commercial property in town and Weston has an actual full size grocery store in town whereas Dover has the Dover Market. Weston has much better highway access as well. Both of these towns have homes on larger lots and you'll find the homes here have private septic systems and in Dover there is no town water either so houses either have wells or get water delivered. Dover may be a little sleepier than Weston and it only has one traffic light in the whole town. Both are upscale suburbs though and have great school systems. There are town sponsored amenities and activities but Lexington and Wellesley likely have more. These towns appeal to those who love nature and want privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
If you're moving to Connecticut then you probably want to look at towns in Connecticut!
Based on the OP's other posts on C-D, I'm going to say they simply made a type-o as they said they are thinking of moving to either CT or MA.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:05 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,807,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Based on the OP's other posts on C-D, I'm going to say they simply made a type-o as they said they are thinking of moving to either CT or MA.
I just browsed through a couple of her posts and I'm just wondering why she'd want to move in the first place if she has 2 teenagers. Princeton, NJ is a beautiful area with good schools and more affordable than any of the towns she listed, so why not stay put until her kids finish high school?

Old 10-30-2015, 08:18 AM

Hello,

I want to move because I am going through a divorce and my husband is a very socially active and established person in Princeton who decided to lose any interest whatsoever in his children and I do not want the kids to go through the pain of bumping into him accidentally if we go to Church, the theatre, or just Whole Foods. I cannot make him move, so I have to move. Princeton is lovely otherwise as you stated. As for affordability, I am a single mother right now but make decent living as a therapist, I just have to make sure I move somewhere where there is good public education because I will not be able to afford a private school on my own, and where people can afford my services as a therapist. Let me know if you have any advice as to where to go - I am pretty open minded and I think listed whatever needs we have above. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts