Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 07:44 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_lover View Post
I don't have any stats but....WOW. I've been watching MLS like a hawk and this first week of 2016 had a tidal wave of quality new listings. These aren't crap houses either, nice homes. Keep it coming!!!
Really? It's been fairly dead here in Newton/Needham/Wellesley area. Very few new listings so far but things don't usually start to pick up at all until the end of the month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 09:06 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
I still have some of my search apps on my phone with my search criteria prior to buying my house last money. I just checked and only 1 new house has popped up in my search area...and it's just OK.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 AM

404 posts, read 526,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I still have some of my search apps on my phone with my search criteria prior to buying my house last money. I just checked and only 1 new house has popped up in my search area...and it's just OK.
Keep your head up you'll find something soon!

Old 01-09-2016, 01:30 PM

Sorry, typo in my last post but I ended up buying a house and closed 3 weeks ago. Search started in August and so glad it's over

Old 01-09-2016, 01:47 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
THANKS alidmc.
Also special thanks to El Nino. Keep that warm air pumping!! No snow dance
Lol don't dance just yet next few weeks look very very potent for storms. Go check the weather forum on city data and read for yourself. I'm with you though im a warm lover. Hello to the folks in Massachusetts from North Carolina!

Old 01-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Sorry, typo in my last post but I ended up buying a house and closed 3 weeks ago. Search started in August and so glad it's over
CONGRATS!! ya I'd rather have my teeth drilled than go thru this sleezy process again.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Lol don't dance just yet next few weeks look very very potent for storms. Go check the weather forum on city data and read for yourself. I'm with you though im a warm lover. Hello to the folks in Massachusetts from North Carolina!
Haha....don't get me wrong it's gonna snow ....I just personally don't buy into the climate change = more snow theory. Sure, ppl are still shell-shocked from last year but let's look at long term trends. We had no snow just 4 yrs ago where it hit 70 in feb. Yes, in Boston

Old 01-10-2016, 08:34 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
It's heating up. Higher interest rates and energy prices dropping. Heck a headhunter contacted me earlier today...it's sunday! Feels more like the 1990's to me.

Here's some other things to consider. Liquid Asphalt is dropping we're talking quite a drop. Lowest since I believe 2008 and if it drops further it might be lowest since 2006 if not 2005. Think that development needs sidewalks? How about a new driveway? Both are going to be cheap.

The state procurement laws are going to be changing as well. Hopefully once this passes by the end of FY16 we'll see some significant changes. It will simplify and lift limits before things go out to bid. Things are going to be humming this summer. I'm not even sure if we have enough contractors to supply the demand this would create at least within the state. It wouldn't surprise me to see crews coming from the mid atlantic, down south, midwest and even Canada. The supply of contractors is also hurt because of the lack of new vocational schools.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...rVL/story.html

When 351 cities and towns suddenly can order up to 50K without a bid and advertising it's going to be pretty busy. I don't know what other states might try but this is going to be like pouring gasoline on a fire.

Eventually someone is going to say the V word and that's when the #%^$ hits the fan. The v word being visa.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
. We had no snow just 4 yrs ago where it hit 70 in feb. Yes, in Boston
That was a great winter that year. I went golfing for my bday in March!

Old 01-16-2016, 09:45 AM

I hereby redact my statement from last week....this week was SLOWWWWWWWWW. cmon ppl list your house now don't wait for spring!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts