Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 01:12 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,429,804 times

Advertisements

Louie's Pizza in Woburn is good but if that's your benchmark then I suspect you could be happy in many locations. Lynn, where you live now, has some great places to eat.

Worcester has the highest concentration of pizza shops and diners among the towns you have listed, so I think you should start there.

As for cash only places, I always assume they are looking to hide income and avoid paying taxes, so I don't view that as a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 01:21 PM

53 posts, read 54,743 times
You're a nutcase with bad taste. Lol at Lynn having anything that can hold a flame to Louie's. I noticed you didn't name any, try it I dare you - and I will tare it (and you) to shreds.

Lmao at you wagging your finger at cash only places (especially in taxachusetts) let the few good places left trying to eek out a profit survive you rule following robot, get out of my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Louie's Pizza in Woburn is good but if that's your benchmark then I suspect you could be happy in many locations. Lynn, where you live now, has some great places to eat.

Worcester has the highest concentration of pizza shops and diners among the towns you have listed, so I think you should start there.

As for cash only places, I always assume they are looking to hide income and avoid paying taxes, so I don't view that as a good sign.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:24 PM

8 posts, read 7,038 times
Low rent is tough, but good neighborhoods for living with a safe environment? Try Dorchester, South Boston, Roslindale, West Roxbury, Milton, Jamaica Plain

Old 01-13-2016, 01:26 PM

Thanks for playing "let's roll the dice and give some advice without reading the thread" Better luck next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemarcore View Post
Low rent is tough, but good neighborhoods for living with a safe environment? Try Dorchester, South Boston, Roslindale, West Roxbury, Milton, Jamaica Plain

Old 01-13-2016, 01:30 PM

Once in awhile the spanish joints in Lynn have some decent chicken, fried pork, plantinos, pork-rice, spanish style potato salad, and cheese pastelitos but it's always hit or miss whether it's fresh or not. Plus you're harassed by pan-handlers and the occasional hooker asking for a cigarette while trying to get to the door. Don't say the pretentious "blue ox" it's average and you pay an extra fee if you split a meal or take it to go.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:37 PM

652 posts, read 750,174 times
You should look into the Cambridge affordable housing lottery. Since the median salaries are pretty high there, you don't have to be making minimum wage with 3 kids to qualify.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:01 PM

Winning the lottery would be nice, but not so realistic. But thanks for your reply. Where do I buy the ticket? Although I think they list that as affordable housing for "middle-income", I'm part of the underclass. I can't afford affordable. Dirt cheap is my ballpark, trailer park... or the updated liberal fad version "tiny home" but then tiny homes are probably out of my price range in Boston as well, and do they even allow people to live in trailers on their own land around here?

Old 01-13-2016, 03:05 PM

Imagine how much you could save in property taxes if they let you buy a piece of land and put a mobile home on it? They would never let that happen. Out of the question, you will pay your inflated tax rate or die trying.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:15 PM

652 posts, read 750,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsobkcuf View Post
Winning the lottery would be nice, but not so realistic. But thanks for your reply. Where do I buy the ticket? Although I think they list that as affordable housing for "middle-income", I'm part of the underclass. I can't afford affordable. Dirt cheap is my ballpark, trailer park... or the updated liberal fad version "tiny home" but then tiny homes are probably out of my price range in Boston as well, and do they even allow people to live in trailers on their own land around here?
It's not "The Lottery" it's a housing lottery. You're assigned priority points based on your need and circumstances and put into the waitlist. When your turn comes up you have the option to proceed or defer. They were offering brand-new 1 beds in cambridge for south of six figures when i was looking 3-4 years ago. I'm telling you, if you remotely have your S together, it's a great option. I ended up getting married so I didn't end up getting my name into the waitlist.

If you want to live some kind of nomadic Bukowski-like existence I'm afraid I'm not the best person to advise.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:41 PM

316 posts, read 724,124 times
I'm not sure where you're getting a religious vibe from Clinton; I don't think it's any more or less religious than any of the other small towns or cities like it, Russian icon museum aside. If I were you I'd check a few of these places out and see how you feel. It sounds like there are certain intangibles that you require that would be best judged by you yourself. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts