Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 05:57 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,554,287 times

Advertisements

Attleboro is a lot like other small cities in New England. It has its old downtown and mills long closed. The center has seen some revitalization with new roads and a river-walk park along the Ten Mile River with new residential apartment buildings by the train station. Has a varied tax base with manufacturing, retail, and residential. Some areas near the old downtown center are not so nice and have some issues. Outer parts of the town (by Norton, Rehobeth, Seekonk) have a rural feel with bigger homes. MBTA Providence line commuter rail has many trains and the express takes just 42 minutes to Back Bay with just one stop in Mansfield. Providence is a 10-15 minute drive away.

Has a decent library and a very nice park and zoo at Capron Park. Located right on Rte 95 with three/four exits. The big box retail strip along routes 1A and 1 starts in it and extends north to the three level indoor Emerald Square Mall in North Attleborough.

Of most of the cities in SE Mass (Brockton/Taunton/Fall River/New Bedford), it is probably the best on nearly all levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 07:54 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,693,060 times
Reading these things about crime is depressing.

When I was a kid in Foxboro, sometimes I bicycled to the Attleboro Library. It was bigger than ours. Is it still a good library? Capron Park was fun, too. Attleboro has an art museum.

Last year I made a side trip to eat at Bliss Dairy. The one in Sharon was no longer there.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:52 AM

137 posts, read 149,590 times
We have 2 sets of friends who live in Attleboro, one near N. Attleboro (north) and one near Rehoboth (south).
The interesting thing is one friend hates it but his wife is a teacher so their child will go to the district where she works otherwise I think he would consider moving-their child starts kindergarten next year. He says the schools are bad and he thinks the downtown looks horrible.
The other couple we know doesn't say anything bad about the district, they have 2 kids with their oldest starting kindergarten next year. I am not sure if they are using the public schools but I think they are.
I just don't think it's the nicest city but nothing bad ever happened to our friends there.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:46 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huff100 View Post
We have 2 sets of friends who live in Attleboro, one near N. Attleboro (north) and one near Rehoboth (south).
The interesting thing is one friend hates it but his wife is a teacher so their child will go to the district where she works otherwise I think he would consider moving-their child starts kindergarten next year. He says the schools are bad and he thinks the downtown looks horrible.
The other couple we know doesn't say anything bad about the district, they have 2 kids with their oldest starting kindergarten next year. I am not sure if they are using the public schools but I think they are.
I just don't think it's the nicest city but nothing bad ever happened to our friends there.
It's ok on the outskirts of the city, but yes, the schools aren't great.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:57 AM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Of most of the cities in SE Mass (Brockton/Taunton/Fall River/New Bedford), it is probably the best on nearly all levels.
That is definitely true.

I think the new high school will make the city a lot more desirable in the future, the elementary and middle schools were always decent.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:58 PM

152 posts, read 99,201 times
Between Attleboro and North Attleboro, North is definitely superior. Of course anyone from NA will tell you that. Bashing Attleboro is part of the culture LOL.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:02 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,554,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
Between Attleboro and North Attleboro, North is definitely superior. Of course anyone from NA will tell you that. Bashing Attleboro is part of the culture LOL.
I live in North Attleborough. It has always been less urban than Attleboro. It is much more of a suburban town these days and doesn't have the same issues as a city does.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:34 AM

152 posts, read 99,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I live in North Attleborough. It has always been less urban than Attleboro. It is much more of a suburban town these days and doesn't have the same issues as a city does.
I know, I live here too. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts