Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:40 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree. And since there are some new drivers in this thread... please promise to always use your turn signals and also... NEVER talk or text on your cellphones while driving, even when driving slowly through a parking lot.

Every year, there are more cars on the roads and more bad drivers.
That reminds me of something that happened recently. I was taking a right turn. There was a car in the other lane taking a left turn into the same place I was turning. He/she didn't even use a turn signal and cut right in front of me. They were lucky I was quick to react and nothing happened. I am probably the only teen that thinks like this, but I can't even begin to understand why someone would even think of talking on a cell phone while driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
When you hire a driving school to bring you to your driving test instead of going in your family or friend's car, I think your chance of passing goes way up. Why? I suspect something fishy going on. Just a gut feeling, nothing I can prove.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:19 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That reminds me of something that happened recently. I was taking a right turn. There was a car in the other lane taking a left turn into the same place I was turning. He/she didn't even use a turn signal and cut right in front of me. They were lucky I was quick to react and nothing happened. I am probably the only teen that thinks like this, but I can't even begin to understand why someone would even think of talking on a cell phone while driving.
Something that happens to me a lot is, me being on a main road waiting to take a left turn into a side road. Meanwhile, there is a car waiting to make a left turn into my road. I feel that as the other driver waits, they are mostly looking to their left, and not looking straight ahead at me. So when I finally get to make my turn, I always honk my horn to avoid a possible collision. Usually, that other driver looks startled. So I am correct in thinking that they didn't notice my car.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 41,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_junta View Post
I live near chelmsford and I took my road test y'day @ the lowell dmv. I flunked it..felt very bad whole day long. I've re-fixed my test with the wilmington, ma. Can ppl let me know their experiencec with this dmv? Not so good for me with the lowell dmv.

I've re-fixed the next test for wednesday since i need to get a license ASAP.

-Arun
Hi.Today I had road test at Wilminton.. The examiner was good.. he was making me feel comfortable.. and the roads are too easy thr.. juz practise.. k-point turn..reverse...parallel parking. rest all normal driving .. best luck ..

Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 79,006 times
how are the tests at the melrose armory? hard/easy?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times
Link above for a pass/fail percentage, like the 5th post or so.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:16 AM

2 posts, read 79,006 times
Yeah but that was in 2006 so I was wondering if anyone knew the newer rates or had gone to the melrose armory.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:04 PM

103 posts, read 301,269 times
The one in Reading closed but I remember all a few of my friends had to do was a lap around the parking lot and successfully pull into and out of a parking space without hitting anything. My test actually incorporated all of the required items. I was so nervous, I nearly failed. It didn't help that the cop testing me was, for lack of better terms, a huge jerk who clearly did not want to be working there. But I passed and have a clean driving record. Tips for passing the test: Always use your turn signals and remember to put on the emergency brake when parking on a hill!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:42 AM

91 posts, read 280,183 times
The WORST thing you should look for in MA is an easy driving test. Haven't you read that we are among the worst drivahs out theah?

If you failed, there was a reason for it.

If you want to get out easy, then I pity you because you will NOT SURVIVE with othah MA drivahs.....

Old 02-14-2010, 11:11 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Considering how badly most people in MA drive (I'm sorry but it's true) you need to learn the rules of the road and not 'be in a rush' to pass.

Road rage and being inconsiderate is a huge problem in MA, CT, and metro NY.

I lived in NY and yes, people drive like idiots. We're now considering moving to MA (from VT) and I dread driving around people who are 'rude' again.

If anyone thinks I am exaggerating, drive up here on 1-91 and see all the people pulled over by the cops...90% are from either MA or CT. Yesterday they kept trying to blow past us the whole way up from Worcester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts