U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:18 PM

942 posts, read 1,205,270 times
Having grown up in Brookline myself and numerous friends travelled west and all took our road tests in either Westfield or Easthampton. Less traffic,easier to navigate roads and getting an appointment was always easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM

220 posts, read 301,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
Having grown up in Brookline myself and numerous friends travelled west and all took our road tests in either Westfield or Easthampton. Less traffic,easier to navigate roads and getting an appointment was always easier.
I'm an adult who just got my license and Westfield is definitely easier than Easthampton in case anyone is wondering. I know several people who failed in Easthampton but passed in Westfield. I'm sure Easthampton is a snap compared to the Boston area, though!

Old 12-07-2011, 04:11 PM

5 posts, read 22,759 times
What is the road test in Leominster, MA like?

I have my test scheduled for there on Friday at 4pm. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the test in this area and an idea of what they will ask me to do. I just failed my test in Lowell, MA for apparently not stopping at a stop sign, which both myself and sponsor disputed as i did stop and wait. The guy was incredibly aggressive towards me throughout the test at Lowell, shouting at me to hurry up and turn on several occasions even though i was waiting for an opportunity to turn when i felt comfortable. I knew I would fail as soon as I approached his office and I saw him watching 'Cops' on his computer. Hearing 'bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do...' didn't inspire me with confidence lol

edit..just to add, i have been driving for around 6 years. I have a full license from England, passed in a manuel first time there so i am an experienced driver. I have also been driving here for a few months off of my international license

Last edited by gkh1985; 12-07-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM

220 posts, read 301,758 times
When you stop, make sure you come to a complete stop and not a "rolling stop". When the car stops, the examiner is waiting for that little jerk back that shows the car has come to a complete stop. If he doesn't feel that, he may assume you're in a rolling stop. I know two other people who failed on the rolling stop.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 7,818 times
know hand signals whilington tester is a jerk, he is so uptight and serious he made me too nervous

Old 04-22-2012, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,295 times
Cambridge Road test Anyone Easy hard etc.. please thank you

Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 8,932 times
I tried to book one around Boston, but it didn't work, but I snagged one about a month and a half after I booked it in Leominister, took it Thursday at 9am. The examiner was a really nice, friendly guy. Passed me, even though my parallel parking job left a lot to be desired, said I'm a good driver, I just rush things too much. Just got my license in the mail today! Definitely would recommend early Thursday mornings at the Leominister RMV. He had me drive about a half a mile down the road, change lanes, go into a parking lot, had me back up in a straight line, simulate a downhill park, then a 3 point u-turn, then a quick parallel park, and then back to the RMV. Besides parallel parking, which is not my strong suit, it was pretty easy, and even though that area of Leominister has a lot of traffic, there wasn't much around when I was taking the test.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 6,940 times
Has anyone done a Road Test in Cambridge, MA? How was it?

Old 01-01-2013, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozepravde15 View Post
I tried to book one around Boston, but it didn't work, but I snagged one about a month and a half after I booked it in Leominister, took it Thursday at 9am. The examiner was a really nice, friendly guy. Passed me, even though my parallel parking job left a lot to be desired, said I'm a good driver, I just rush things too much. Just got my license in the mail today! Definitely would recommend early Thursday mornings at the Leominister RMV. He had me drive about a half a mile down the road, change lanes, go into a parking lot, had me back up in a straight line, simulate a downhill park, then a 3 point u-turn, then a quick parallel park, and then back to the RMV. Besides parallel parking, which is not my strong suit, it was pretty easy, and even though that area of Leominister has a lot of traffic, there wasn't much around when I was taking the test.
I have an appointment on Jan 10th which is Thursday!@11am.I was there before but could not take the test because the car horn was not working.The guy was nice,hopefully he will be nice this time.Parallel Parking is between cones?plus one hand on the wheel while looking back?Glad you passed your test....Happy New Year!!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK9 View Post
I have an appointment on Jan 10th which is Thursday!@11am.I was there before but could not take the test because the car horn was not working.The guy was nice,hopefully he will be nice this time.Parallel Parking is between cones?plus one hand on the wheel while looking back?Glad you passed your test....Happy New Year!!
Would love to hear about parallel parking at the Leominster RMV. I have a United Kingdom license but need to take the road test again to get my MA license - I'm scheduled for Friday this week.

I've driven around a bit to try and figure out where/how they're going to test parallel parking around here but couldn't really find anywhere to practice - I've never been that great at it, and the only car I can do my test in is a large SUV.

Also what is the deal with backing up 50ft? Is it next to the curb or in a parking lot or what? Do you just have to stay in a straight line? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows anything.

Good luck for your test tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts