U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 PM

149 posts, read 223,073 times
Default Best DMV to pass road test

I live near chelmsford and I took my road test y'day @ the lowell dmv. I flunked it..felt very bad whole day long. I've re-fixed my test with the wilmington, ma. Can ppl let me know their experiencec with this dmv? Not so good for me with the lowell dmv.

I've re-fixed the next test for wednesday since i need to get a license ASAP.

-Arun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:47 AM

212 posts, read 654,278 times
There is no doubt that some Registries are easier than others, but with the awful driving I see on the roads every day, I'm glad to hear some cops don't automatically give out licenses.

On the day my daughter took her road test, the driver ahead of us returned within a few minutes from her test, sitting in the back seat of the driving school car. The Registry officer told us that she had driven down the wrong side of the road, and nearly had a head-on collision with him in the car. He was very shaken.

If you failed the test, maybe you need a few more hours of practice before you take the next test. then you will deserve a license.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:33 AM

265 posts, read 658,237 times
I don't know if it's still true, but back in the day all that was required to pass your drivers test at the RMV in Watertown was a lap around the parking lot.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 PM

1,038 posts, read 2,435,103 times
That's disturbing.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 58,933 times
The RMV publishes information on the pass rates at various sites. If it makes you feel better, Lowell has one of the lowest pass rates in the state!

[url]http://www.mass.gov/rmv/driversed/roadtest_pf_alpha.pdf[/url]

Old 02-21-2008, 06:17 AM

951 posts, read 441,813 times
Yeah, that's it. Let's give you an "easier" solution instead of actually passing the test in the correct fashion. If you had a tough tester, then I say great. There are enough horrible drivers on the road in this state. Let's not make another one.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 AM

6 posts, read 78,489 times
Avoid Beverly. My son was rejected for an Emergency Brake test. He didn't pull up enough. When I tried to show the Tester that he didn't pull up enough, he made me put it in drive and run the engine up to a point that it was bound to move!!! Then the second time an a parallel parking, he just slightly went up on the curb (about 6"). He finally passed on the 3rd test. Although he was charged $20 for each of the road tests.
Just another tax if you ask me...

Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 54,963 times
hey im taking mine in wilmington next week and i was wondering how yours went and what exaclty you had to do?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:34 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,967,416 times
Ironically, this topic was started on the day I failed my first road test.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM
miu

12,955 posts, read 21,492,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Yeah, that's it. Let's give you an "easier" solution instead of actually passing the test in the correct fashion. If you had a tough tester, then I say great. There are enough horrible drivers on the road in this state. Let's not make another one.
I agree. And since there are some new drivers in this thread... please promise to always use your turn signals and also... NEVER talk or text on your cellphones while driving, even when driving slowly through a parking lot.

Every year, there are more cars on the roads and more bad drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts