Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,149 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am relocating to Boston area. I am interested in finding apartments within $2500 (2Bedroom) in Lexington or Belmont or Winchester area due to good school district. I found Captain Parker Arms, Minuteman Village, Battle Green apartments in Lexington but there is no availability. I could not find any apartment in Belmont or Winchester area. I understand all the apartments are not listed online, I would appreciate if somebody can provide me names or address of some apartments in the Lexington, Belmont and Winchester area. I am not sure if I need to get contact some agents. Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 12:44 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
When I had an apartment in Belmont nearly a decade ago, I found it through Craigslist. It was a two-family that was being rented out by an older lady that used to live there. We had to go through an agent to get the place, but it was a pretty good deal at the time.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:58 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,233,403 times
Try looking at apartmentguide.com. That site should give you a list of all the large apartment complexes.

You could also look through craigslist which might provide better deals than the large complexes. I know the Waverly Square area in Belmont has a lot of smaller apartment buildings. There are also numerous apartment buildings in Arlington. While Arlington is not as ritzy as Lexington or parts of Belmont their school system still performs very well. Arlington's high school was ranked 19th in the state by US News.

Another option is Bedford. The Avalon at Bedford Center has apartments in your price range and the Bedford school system is very good. Bedford Apartments in Middlesex County | Avalon at Bedford Center
Heritage at Bedford Springs is another option.
Heritage at Bedford Springs, Bedford MA Apartments

Reading and Melrose are other towns in the area with good school systems where you could easily find apartments to fit your budget.

I also would included Burlington in your search. While Burlington is more socioeconomically diverse compared to Lexington or Winchester it's schools are very well funded. Massachusetts schools are the best in the country so I wouldn't be too worried if you don't find an apartment in Lexington, Winchester, or Belmont. If it were my kids I would probably prefer a well funded school district like Burlington over Lexington which has an extremely competitive high school.

Last edited by tysmith95; 04-18-2016 at 01:25 PM..

Old 05-09-2016, 02:34 PM

53 posts, read 177,812 times
In those towns, you might have better luck trying to find single family homes to rent (though they will be more expensive). Try Zillow rentals - thats where many DIY home owners who are renting out their place put their adds - but all those should also be in craigslist.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:42 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Craigslist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts