Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Initiative
Support 26 76.47%
Oppose 4 11.76%
Undecided 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 01:50 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Nerd!
I'm not denying it. I even wear glasses in the office even though I don't need them so people think I'm smarter.

Which guy would you rather work for (posting image is against TOS, so you have to click the link)?

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w700-h3...quel-Eggsy.jpg

or

http://content.internetvideoarchive....478920_017.jpg

It's the same guy in the same movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 05:56 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Interesting. I know nothing about marijuana - never smoked or even seen it in my life. Is there a way for an officer to pull someone over and test if they are under the influence of marijuana? Kinda like a breathalizer for alcohol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No. None at all.

I kind of want to ask how you've never seen it, its ubiquitous. But whatever.

I thought the police in Colorado were using the Cheeto bag test - they measure how long it takes the suspect to devour a snack size bag of chips.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I'm a law abiding citizen Seriously, I've never had the desire to smoke it and I don't know anyone who does. It's not something that people just put out on their desk at work either. Maybe I've seen it in public, but I had no idea what it was at the time and didn't dwell on it. I just googled it and it doesn't look familiar either. I guess I just never cared enough to find out what it looked or smelled like.
Eh, it was all over colleges and post college parties. Definitely more available than alcohol in my experience.

I'm sure you know people that smoke, they just don't advertise it to you. People that do know who to share the info with and who not to, generally.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:07 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Interesting. I know nothing about marijuana - never smoked or even seen it in my life.
How is this even possible?

Old 05-13-2016, 07:23 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
I didn’t click the links but from the descriptions, am assuming that one can’t get a gun if cited with marijuana. If my assumption is right, that (like many laws) is dumb. Alcohol and guns is much more dangerous than grass and guns.

And I like alcohol so you can tell where my support for MJ legalization stands.

Without getting too far off topic, the links basically say any sort of MJ infraction, or medical MJ use is an automatic disqualifier for handgun ownership or a carry permit. You may still apply for a FID but don't hold your breath.

Oh and since you brought up DUI. Post-94 DUI is a disqualifier, but pre-94 DUI would not DQ you due to the MAX number of years that crime brings. Any crime with a MAX of more than 2 is a DQ. Before 1994, DUI was only 1.5 years, so it still made to eligible. DUI after 1994 was 2.5 years, so that's automatic lifetime DQ.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:35 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Deleted post and PM'd.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:42 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
I would much prefer to spend my 20's raising kids and my 50's traveling than spend my 20's smoking weed and my 50's raising kids.

I didn't have kids til I was 34....and starting to think I wish I did it earlier.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:57 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Not recreational use.

But the laws are so lax that it might as well be legal. If you don't have pounds of it on your person you get a mild ticket. And the law seems pretty hands off. I smell and see it everywhere. Saw a couple guys in Allston with their car parked on a corner of a major and busy intersection. They were standing outside smoking while their car door was open blasting music for their enjoyment. Just a regular evening.

Everyone treats it as legal.

I completely agree (and repped) with Chicagoliz.
I think it is similar to speed limit. one may break the speed limit and never get caught. often the traffic may flow above speed limit, nobody is driving at 65. but the legal limit is still 65. just because some people break the law does not mean we should make it legal.
Legalizing pot is essentially to allow commercial transaction, make money, pay taxes to the state. I will not support that. Then why not make prostitution legal? Not that they are the same but I believe people on the road after drinking and smoking pot are a danger to me and I do not want it easily available.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
My personal opinions on marijuana use aren't important, but I support the legalization simply on the terms that this is a state that is desperately in need of funding to improve its infrastructure (among other things), with a governor who is anti-tax, and marijuana legalization is a giant cash cow just sitting there for the slaughter. But instead of proposals on what could be done with the money, the state and city reps are instead trying to set up hurdles for businesses and consumer access (sadly, standard operating procedure here) if it is legalized.
do you also support legalizing human trafficking? businesses can run these and can also pay taxes.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston_Burbs View Post
I do not believe legalized marijuana is a gateway drug.

Illegal marijuana is because who knows what else the drug dealer is selling. "Hey, do you want to try x,y,z too?"

Taking it out of the trenches and dark allies will be better for everyone, except drug dealers haha.
why can that not happen with legalizing pot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts