Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 06:26 PM

24,247 posts, read 16,924,045 times

Advertisements

I know my wife would feel uncomfortable if she exited a stall in the ladies room and found a guy standing there. I would fell the same if I was doing my business and a woman walked in on me.

Who is pushing this agenda? We didn't have a problem before but now we do?

The problem with any law is that those that want to exploit it will find a loop hole to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 08:05 PM

4,235 posts, read 3,675,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I know my wife would feel uncomfortable if she exited a stall in the ladies room and found a guy standing there. I would fell the same if I was doing my business and a woman walked in on me.

The problem with any law is that those that want to exploit it will find a loop hole to do so.
But this is exactly what the bill prevents. A transman looks like a man. A transwoman looks like a woman. it would be more disconcerting to have a person who completely looks like a man standing in the women's room, even if that man actually has a vagina. Same thing for a transwoman who completely looks like a woman in the men's room.

Those opposing the bill would actually be forcing exactly what you are saying you wouldn't want.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:10 PM

13,944 posts, read 14,832,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post

Guess what? It's already illegal to commit a sexual assault in a bathroom. Shocking, I know.
if someone wants to assault or rape someone, a sign isn't going to stop someone. They will not stop and say "that's a women's room and I am a man I can't go in there" if they plan on raping people.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:11 PM

4,235 posts, read 3,675,929 times
Quote:

You seriously would want Kieran Moloney, Benjamin Meltzer, Laith Ashley, and Jake Graf in the women's room, and Monroe Bergdorf, Hannah Winterbourne, and Evie Andrew in the men's room?

Please. I don't believe it.

And you seriously think Monroe, Hannah and Evie would be safe in a mens room?

Here they are:
7 super hot trans men and women who are proud to be pin-ups - Gay Star News

Old 06-05-2016, 11:52 AM

23,087 posts, read 18,228,806 times
Quote:
But this is exactly what the bill prevents. A transman looks like a man. A transwoman looks like a woman. it would be more disconcerting to have a person who completely looks like a man standing in the women's room, even if that man actually has a vagina. Same thing for a transwoman who completely looks like a woman in the men's room.

Those opposing the bill would actually be forcing exactly what you are saying you wouldn't want.
You still don't get it, do you...

Quote:
There isn't even any allegation of any transgender people involved in the story at all.
Oh, tell me it ain't so!

Quote:
And, it would also be illegal if a woman took pictures of other women in their private stalls. It is illegal for men AND for women to possess naked pictures of children. It has been for a long time and it will continue to be.

Just like it is also illegal to kill someone in the bathroom.
And it is also illegal for anyone to be attacked in a restroom, gender confused or not. I don't see your point...

Quote:
But none of those are relevant to the issue of transgender people using the bathroom they feel most comfortable in.

Personally, I would find it to be most odd and awkward to have someone who completely looks like a woman lift up a dress and urinate into a urinal. That would be way more odd than that person going into the women's room and using a stall, where no one would pay any attention.
I see, let the comfort level of <.05% of the population prevail over those of >50%. The left has truly lost their mind, I think. Notice how I use the word "mind" singularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

If I determine that a person of color can't share my restroom and should use another one because I'm not comfortable with them being there and I try to legislate that, yes, that would make me a bigot. This is no different.
So now we're comparing this with racial discrimination? Really? That's about as low as I've seen a C-D thread go, and that is saying quite a bit.

Thankfully, we can always rely on Howie for a refreshing dose of common sense...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/col...e_running_amok

Last edited by massnative71; 06-05-2016 at 12:17 PM..

Old 06-05-2016, 01:00 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,724,941 times
Quote:

Exactly. I posted pics, but the links were removed due to copyright issues (I don't get this, people post other peoples pics all over CD all the time, but whatever), but if you don't want a woman (gender female) using a men's room, and vice versa, one would support this bill. This bill actually maintains the status quo. There hasn't been an issue with this, so they're making sure there won't be an issue with this, in part because some other state's have gone out of their way to mess up the status quo and legislate discrimination.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So now we're comparing this with racial discrimination? Really? That's about as low as I've seen a C-D thread go, and that is saying quite a bit.

I'm comparing it because it is no different. It's discrimination based on ignorance.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Exactly. Men use the men's room and women use the women's room. Your argument is over the definition of "gender".

There is no argument about it because it is well defined. The only people arguing that is not are ignorant/uneducated folks that believe erroneously that biological sex and gender are synonymous.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Status: "On my way to sunny South Carolina" (set 1 day ago)

9,914 posts, read 15,482,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is no argument about it because it is well defined. The only people arguing that is not are ignorant/uneducated folks that believe erroneously that biological sex and gender are synonymous.
Well that's your opinion. Many of us think otherwise and we aren't uneducated despite what you think.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:33 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,003,130 times
Quote:

So your wife is cool with someone who looks like a man in the same bathroom, except for the genitalia? Pray tell, how can she tell the difference between a biological man and a trans man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts