Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM

66 posts, read 235,462 times

Advertisements

...located next to the Kam Man supermarket. GREAT dim sum w/o having to drive into the ****tyaBahston. DW and I stuffed ourselves on har gau, shui mai, and sticky rice for under 18 bucks (including 20% tip) then bought groceries at the supermarket (although with typical Cantonese surliness). The supermarket has wicked cheap everything and huge produce and fresh fish departments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 10:21 AM

19 posts, read 64,236 times
I don't like the new Dim Sum, coz it tastes so so, especially comparing to what I had before. Kam Man is a good grocery store though, I love the small cakes in their bakery--100 times better than Stopshop Bakery and much cheaper, and their Cafeteria has incredible good deal of Chinese meal. That's why I go shopping there every other week by 45 minutes drive.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:38 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,487,245 times
It is a location thing... China Pearl had another location at Woburn for years... No one seems to notice...

As Asian population increased, so are the need to move sevices outside of Chinatown for convenience and cheaper parking. Quincy is one of the highest Asian population towns. These Supermarket/restaurant in strip malls are all over other states in the west and south. Btw... prices at KamMan is higher than the ones in Chinatown.

If you like Korean, Hmart, a chain of Korean and Asian supermarkets with a devoted following, plans to enter the region with a 51,000-square-foot superstore in Burlington, near Route 128 and the Burlington Mall.

Large Korean grocery coming - The Boston Globe

Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
It is a location thing... China Pearl had another location at Woburn for years... No one seems to notice...

As Asian population increased, so are the need to move sevices outside of Chinatown for convenience and cheaper parking. Quincy is one of the highest Asian population towns. These Supermarket/restaurant in strip malls are all over other states in the west and south. Btw... prices at KamMan is higher than the ones in Chinatown.

If you like Korean, Hmart, a chain of Korean and Asian supermarkets with a devoted following, plans to enter the region with a 51,000-square-foot superstore in Burlington, near Route 128 and the Burlington Mall.

Large Korean grocery coming - The Boston Globe
I'm hoping there would be one in Metrowest area too.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtaste View Post
I'm hoping there would be one in Metrowest area too.
In the meantime, you can get the same thing but smaller menu at Bernards at Chestnut Hill Mall.

Green Tea 2 in Framingham... Green Tea in Newton.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
In the meantime, you can get the same thing but smaller menu at Bernards at Chestnut Hill Mall.

Green Tea 2 in Framingham... Green Tea in Newton.
Smarty, I mean I'm hoping there's one big and good Asian Supermarket in Metrowest.
By the way, where's the Green Tea 2 in Framingham? I didn't find it on yellowpage.

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:00 PM

The land in Metrowest is just too expensive. It is not likely to happen. You'll need millions to do that. Most Asian supermarkets in MA do not have that type of capital for the small Asian population outside of Boston. Most towns only have 4-5% vs Quincy's 16-20% Asian population. There are small markets/stores in Waltham, Lexington, Framingham, Acton and Westboro.

do a search for greenteaframingham for their website.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I still miss Ming Garden in Chestnut Hill. Their dim sum buffet on the weekends was amazing and so convenient for me to go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts