Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 01:47 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times

Advertisements

Cops say no pot charge in stoned school bus crash | Boston Herald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 03:53 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
I knew this was going to happen. Now the potheads will brazenly drive under the influence and the innocent public will have to deal with the stoners along with the drunkards and the famous m*******s all behind the wheel....

Old 12-22-2016, 04:06 PM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I know crazy. We have enough drunk drivers out there and now we are adding another layer to road dangers in the form of pot heads.
The trouble is cops have the breathalyzer they can use to test suspects on the side of the road or back at the station and get a percentage number that can be used in court. Currently there is no such test for being high except to test for motor skills.

We will see people die as a result of the legalization of pot. What a mess.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:19 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Not only that, but you can smoke, come down and feel normal, get into a car, and the effects can come back again. Great. A long time ago I was FOR legalization until that exact thing happened to me. Fortunately I wasn't on the highway and could just pull over to the side of the road until it wore off.

Maybe next we can legalize heroin too. wheeeeeee!

Old 12-22-2016, 05:08 PM

This is just another example of having too much freedom, and not enough self control in this country. People will relish their right to enjoy pot, and they will never practice the self control and self accountability that come with it.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:28 PM

193 posts, read 278,735 times
We will see people die as a result of potheads being on the road? Show me an article in which this story unfolds. I have never heard such a story in my life.

The effects come back? This has never happened to anyone I know.

People will never practice accountability? "Never" is a strong word. You do not think there will be one person who uses pot responsibly?

I appreciate your concern for safety, folks, but the quotes on here are straight out of "Reefer Madness."

Old 12-22-2016, 05:45 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbms28 View Post
We will see people die as a result of potheads being on the road? Show me an article in which this story unfolds. I have never heard such a story in my life.
I see the chances of this happening as pretty good. People rarely appreciate the concentration, reaction time, alertness, and situational awareness required to safely operate a vehicle. Aside from maybe the concentration in some cases, weed doesn't enhance any of these functions. Dude hit a bus full of kids, he admitted to it on the spot. No Reefer Madness here.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:04 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,232,941 times
Study finds impact of marijuana on drivers - CNNPolitics.com

Booze has a much larger impact on driving compared to Pot. Not saying that it's a good idea however I still believe that Pot is a safer alternative to booze. The world would be safer if people smoked pot instead of drinking alcohol.

Number of alcohol caused deaths: 88000
Number of marijuana caused deaths: 0

Old 12-22-2016, 06:28 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Not only that, but you can smoke, come down and feel normal, get into a car, and the effects can come back again.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbms28 View Post

The effects come back? This has never happened to anyone I know.

People will never practice accountability? "Never" is a strong word. You do not think there will be one person who uses pot responsibly?

I appreciate your concern for safety, folks, but the quotes on here are straight out of "Reefer Madness."
i drive and so do my family, friends, neighbors, colleagues etc. Of course I am concern about the potheads behind the wheel just as I would drunk drivers. Why wouldn't you be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: