Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 PM

69 posts, read 92,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
I believe Patrick Subaru in neighboring Shrewsbury is the highest volume Subaru dealer in MA. I have purchased 2 Subarus from Manchester Subaru in Manchester, NH, and have found them very good to deal with.
Owned by the same Patrick family as Patrick Subaru:
VW sales manager in Auburn facing fraud charges - News - telegram.com - Worcester, MA

I bought a used car from Patrick Subaru years ago. Horrible...I would never send anyone to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 03:24 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Everything half-decent is $30K+ these days.

My folks have a 3.6R. It's nice to drive, well equipped, and very good in the snow with the factory all-seasons. Had some decent get-up-and-go as well and I was impressed with it's HP. Overall though, it offered very little driving excitement, but most people who buy such a vehicle aren't looking to drive it in a sporting fashion.

The downside for me was it's cargo space. It has a decent amount, but, I had a hard time getting some items in the back that I could fit in a true SUV type vehicle. The rear hatch opening is low, so a few times I was stranded unable to fit something in from the local home depot. I couldn't even get my 60G aquarium in it which was only 24" tall.

Overall, not a bad car, although not one I could drive personally.
I just measured. The tailgate height opening in an Outback is 29 3/4" measured from the floor to the dome light. You are dimensionally challenged.

It's an appliance but when you put Nokians on it, it's a good winter car.

I have a $299 Harbor Freight folding 4'x8' trailer in a corner of the garage.

Every car is a compromise. If I want a car to drive "in a sporting fashion", it's not going to be able to haul a 60 gallon aquarium.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:00 PM

2,310 posts, read 6,825,921 times
My relative just bought a 2017 CrossTrek premium earlier this month. I was told they ended up paying about 10% off sticker (plus tax, etc.). Hope this helps.

BTW, what is the etiquette on car buying -

* Do I walk into the dealership and just get whichever sales guy is free to help me?
- - - OR - - -
* Am I obligated to work with the same sales guy that I talked with before?

Background - I visited a dealership late in Dec and spent maybe 30 min with a sales guy. I just walked in and waited for whoever was available. This sales guy didn't know anything about the car's features - given the 2017 was a redesign, I can tell he hadn't done any reading up on them. He got some keys so I can see a few Impreza's on the lot. I asked to test drive but he said none of the cars were ready to be driven - he said these 2017's just arrived to the dealership and they haven't had a chance to prep the cars. So we just sat in 1 of them and chatted for a few mins. The next time I go back, it'd be for a test drive and probably actual purchase.

Last edited by mmyk72; 01-31-2017 at 12:09 PM..

Old 01-31-2017, 12:16 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I just measured. The tailgate height opening in an Outback is 29 3/4" measured from the floor to the dome light. You are dimensionally challenged.

Ah, it was the stand that wouldn't fit. Not the tank. Tank was 24" but the stand was 30-31" or something like that. I had to lay it on the side and make two trips.

There was something else I couldn't fit, but not the cars fault. I was trying to do pickup truck things with a vehicle that wasn't meant to do it.

It is awesome in the snow though.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:25 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Everything half-decent is $30K+ these days.

My folks have a 3.6R. It's nice to drive, well equipped, and very good in the snow with the factory all-seasons. Had some decent get-up-and-go as well and I was impressed with it's HP. Overall though, it offered very little driving excitement, but most people who buy such a vehicle aren't looking to drive it in a sporting fashion.

The downside for me was it's cargo space. It has a decent amount, but, I had a hard time getting some items in the back that I could fit in a true SUV type vehicle. The rear hatch opening is low, so a few times I was stranded unable to fit something in from the local home depot. I couldn't even get my 60G aquarium in it which was only 24" tall.

Overall, not a bad car, although not one I could drive personally.

Odd, I fit my 60 gallon in the backseat of my Honda Accord (no, not a 55). I'm not looking forward to getting that moved though.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Odd, I fit my 60 gallon in the backseat of my Honda Accord (no, not a 55). I'm not looking forward to getting that moved though.

I put mine across the backseat of my Infiniti (when I had it). Fit fine there. I just couldn't take the stand.

I tried to do tank and stand in the back of the Subaru standing up. The tank fit, but the stand had to lay down. Just meant I had to do it in two trips as I couldn't drive two cars.

My 60 was pretty much just a 3" taller 55G. It sits empty these days.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Yeah, I might ditch this 60 when I move and go to a 55. Especially if the frame footprint is the same. The frame is worth more than the tank.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:42 PM

I'm not a fan of it either. Too much empty water up top. I like the footprint, just prefer shorter heights like a 33G or even a 40G.

33G reef is something I'd like to do soon

Old 01-31-2017, 01:44 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,429,804 times
You aquarium guys are getting a bit off topic here.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM

Beats politics anyday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts