Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:26 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
9) Those people who wait till they get all the way to the front of the security line to start stripping their belt, shoes. etc. off creating a bottleneck for everyone else. You have been standing in that line for 10 minutes watching everyone in front of you do EXACTLY THE SAME THING. They have those tables and bins lined up for a reason. Why???
Just get TSA Pre. Amateur hour then is that other line. I dress so I'm wearing no metal. I walk through the metal detector with my shoes on. They even let me wear my Bill Belichick hoodie.

If amateur hour putting bags in the overhead bothers you and you don't have elite frequent flyer status, just fling a bit of cash at early boarding and a better seat in the front of the plane. I don't want to hear your whining for being a cheap bastich.

Other than China which is in a totally separate class of horrific queue etiquette, the taxi queue at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv stands out as the worst queuing etiquette I've ever experienced. More remarkable because everyone would then yield to any Rabbi like Moses parting the Red Sea. Germans in lift lines at European ski resorts are also pretty awful. It's funny watching the Brits getting incensed over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 07:54 AM

510 posts, read 448,478 times
What about people who constantly talk non-stop - be it early in the morning or after a long day. Some just can't shut up.

And what about the one's who talk on their smart phones about nonsense without regard for anyone around them; or those who make business calls to sound important - even though they aren't.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:38 PM

12,860 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Just get TSA Pre. Amateur hour then is that other line. I dress so I'm wearing no metal. I walk through the metal detector with my shoes on. They even let me wear my Bill Belichick hoodie.

If amateur hour putting bags in the overhead bothers you and you don't have elite frequent flyer status, just fling a bit of cash at early boarding and a better seat in the front of the plane. I don't want to hear your whining for being a cheap bastich.

Other than China which is in a totally separate class of horrific queue etiquette, the taxi queue at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv stands out as the worst queuing etiquette I've ever experienced. More remarkable because everyone would then yield to any Rabbi like Moses parting the Red Sea. Germans in lift lines at European ski resorts are also pretty awful. It's funny watching the Brits getting incensed over it.
I have Global Entry which also gets you TSA Pre Check as well. Honestly, if you travel abroad even a couple of times and domestically a few more it's absolutely worth it.

Russians and Germans are equally bad in queues in my experience. Brits, on the other hand, LOVE their queues, so it's an interesting dynamic. I had an issue this past weekend with a few Quebecois in the Superquad line at Sugarloaf. I find it interesting that while Brits love their queues, walking on the street over there is pure, unadulterated chaos. Here we generally stick to the right as pedestrians. You'd assume Brits would stick to the left. Not so. It's a game of chicken every time someone walks your way over there.

Speaking of amateur hour, last week I had maybe 3-4 ounces of water left in my Contigo which was inside my briefcase (I take it everywhere and totally forgot). I had to go back through security, dump it, and try again. I was mortified- nothing is worse than being spoken to like a child ("Is this yours hon'? You can't bring drinks through security, so you'll either have to finish it or dump it out, but you have to do it on the other side, ok? So just walk through here and come back when it's empty." -- thanks...). Thankfully, it wasn't all that busy at security.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:41 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

I now have NEXUS so I can thankfully breeze through Pre-Check.

If upgrading my seat also guaranteed that my checked bag wouldn't get misplaced, then I might see it as worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts