Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:14 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,311,302 times

Advertisements

For being pretty close to boston some might consider it very very rural. Someone who grew up in Southie or dorchester would find it very very rural. Someone from the berkshires-not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 08:39 AM

636 posts, read 702,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS-GR View Post
I also suggest to look at Mansfield MA. We lived there for 5 years and we liked it a lot. Very family-friendly town with commuter rail and good schools. It has a small downtown near the commuter rail and it is relatively walkable....... I personally do not like Canton, because being in a convenient location is its only advantage and I think that Mansfield is much nicer. ..

Mansfield MA is an excellent choice for a community for so many obvious and suitable reasons.
These come to mind in no particular order:
20-25 minute drive to Boston or Providence. 45 minutes to the Cape.
Major national, state and regional railroad station.
Via a traditional TV antenna, one can receive about 30 TV stations, crystal clear.
Via a traditional radio, many radio stations and come in crystal clear.
Mansfield does not border any cities like Brockton,Taunton,Randolph.
For people who prefer White communities [ SORRY! there are people who do! and Yes,many are Liberals!]Mansfield is one of the whitest communities south of Boston. A Whiter community than next door multicultural-happy Easton.
There are some well known roads that are busy in Mansfield but most of Mansfield roads are quiet and not clogged with traffic and angry horns.

More i think about it, i place Mansfield as the best choice in Eastern Massachusetts.

Last edited by wror; 03-26-2017 at 08:50 AM..

Old 03-26-2017, 09:07 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,701,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Mansfield MA is an excellent choice for a community for so many obvious and suitable reasons.
Via a traditional TV antenna, one can receive about 30 TV stations, crystal clear.
For people who prefer White communities [ SORRY! there are people who do! and Yes,many are Liberals!]Mansfield is one of the whitest communities south of Boston. A Whiter community than next door multicultural-happy Easton.
There are some well known roads that are busy in Mansfield but most of Mansfield roads are quiet and not clogged with traffic and angry horns.

More i think about it, i place Mansfield as the best choice in Eastern Massachusetts.

Holy Moly. This alone would make me cross it off my list.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:25 PM

636 posts, read 702,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post

Holy Moly. This alone would make me cross it off my list.
Would you like me to give you some Brockton real estate references so you can look to buy in Brockton?

Old 03-26-2017, 12:31 PM

9,966 posts, read 15,570,327 times
Ok, you guys are getting off the topic.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:24 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,680,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
LOL. 25 minutes to Boston? Only if you're a statie with lights and sirens on.
Quote:
What?
Quote:
Maybe.
Quote:
So?
Quote:
Mansfield is like 5 minutes from Taunton.
Quote:

Mansfield is perfectly fine, but it's not the only place of its kind in MA.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,574 times
I grew up in Medfield (in the 70s and 80s) and now one of my brother's has moved back there. It is a great town, but I agree, I wouldn't call it rural. Solidly suburban but not a sprawling suburb. Most of the previously undeveloped areas are already sporting housing developments. There are still some horse farms and some larger plots of land associated with houses, but those are more on the outskirts of town.

If I could afford Medfield and the commute worked for me, I would totally consider it. Great schools. Good sense of community. Relatively easy (depending on which side) to get to Canton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts