Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:50 PM

23,163 posts, read 18,312,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
Hey, good for Concord. I'm sure both are great towns. I've enjoyed the small amount of time I've spent in the town, but I'm sure either would be a fine place to live. I'm just curious about OP's needs. There seems to be a potential for a lot of job changes and especially with kids, it's a big hassle to move often. I'd try to pick a place where a commute to any potential employer would be at least within the range of bearable. I'm not sure Concord, especially West Concord would be the best pick, especially if there is potential for employment in Weymouth.
FYI they are the same town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 07:11 PM

4,237 posts, read 3,685,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
FYI they are the same town.
Ok. I wasn't sure since there was a distinct label on the map for West Concord.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:52 PM

5 posts, read 7,913 times
Concord and West Concord are the same town.

West Concord is rapidly gentrifying with new homes replacing the modest ones of the blue collar days.

Right now in the Concord area, especially the "village" area (walk to West Concord Center and the Thoreau school) is the hottest in the real estate market. A lot of newcomers prefer the 'walkability' of WC, the warmth of the denser, more sociable neighborhoods, the parks, and the developing West Concord Village - new Salt Box Kitchen Restaurant, Fencing Club, ice cream shoppe, Library, Woods Hill Restaurant etc.. all relatively new. Even long-time residents from Concord Center are often 'downsizing' to 3000 sq ft, homes in West Concord.

Concord is pretty much an idyllic bubble to live in. Great for kids in one way but, in another, they're in a bubble. Hard to learn about the world and deal later on when you grow up in this idyllic world.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 PM

23,163 posts, read 18,312,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I wonder if West Concord thinks it's above the law same as the rest of the town.

Concord votes to be
The reason I asked this question, if the town is that sheltered overall then I'm not sure I'd want my kids growing up in that type of environment. It would be one thing if there was a sizable minority of more down-to-earth/in touch with the world sort (ie. West Concord). It does sound like quite a few citizens against it showed up for the hearing, in which their concerns were dismissed and few were allowed to speak. I imagine many were probably old "townie" types who are being pushed aside by the new wave of PC fanatics. It already happened in places like Arlington and Lexington, and would certainly stay away from any community headed down that path. But if that is what you are looking for, then I guess it works. From West Concord you can avoid the rotary, so I wouldn't think much of a commute difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts