Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 05:36 PM

14 posts, read 25,600 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Natick and am looking to move to a more accessible apt ~30min drive. I'm looking to buy- a 1 bed, 1st floor or elevator, central air/heat, washer in unit/bldg. So far the nicest place for the money I saw was in lofts in Worcester on rte 9 on the Leicester Town line. It's a secluded area and I assume that neighborhood is one of the safer ones in Worcester since it's so far out. What conerns me is that they had no reserves and 3 foreclosures in the development even though it's not even 10yrs old and still under construction.

Any ideas? The problem is I don't want to drive so far. The further away from Boston I go the nicer places I'll get in my price range ($200k/ ~$300 HOA). 1 beds are hard to find as landlords seem to buy them up in blocks and lease them out. 2 beds are no problem but that's more than I need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 08:27 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Accessible to where, specifically?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:36 AM

652 posts, read 749,346 times
Handicap accessible?

Old 05-04-2017, 11:52 AM

14 posts, read 25,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethcir View Post
Handicap accessible?
Well, not exactly. I have a bad back and live in a 3rd floor walk-up right now (townhouse). No laundry facilities in the building. Which was fine when I was 24, but not 48. It's not manageable any more- too hard for every day living. So elevator in bldg or 1st floor (preferably elevator) and a washer/dryer in unit/bldg is mandatory.

Right now I'm very interested in Kettle Brook Lofts in Worcester. Only problem is, as I've said- it has no reserves and 3 foreclosures in the bldg- 75/25% owners to renters. It's very nice and in a secluded area. I'm also looking at a 2 bedroom in the Fremont Lofts, right down the street from Kettle Brook. 30/70% owners to renters (more concerning), but they have reserves and only 1 foreclosure.

So, I'm up for suggestions. I don't want to drive too far from the Framingham/Natick area- 30-40min max would be good, but I'd be willing to make an exception for a really good place. Fitchburg would probably be the limit.

How is that part of Worcester as far as crime/safety is concerned?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:12 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagg View Post
Well, not exactly. I have a bad back and live in a 3rd floor walk-up right now (townhouse). No laundry facilities in the building. Which was fine when I was 24, but not 48. It's not manageable any more- too hard for every day living. So elevator in bldg or 1st floor (preferably elevator) and a washer/dryer in unit/bldg is mandatory.

Right now I'm very interested in Kettle Brook Lofts in Worcester. Only problem is, as I've said- it has no reserves and 3 foreclosures in the bldg- 75/25% owners to renters. It's very nice and in a secluded area. I'm also looking at a 2 bedroom in the Fremont Lofts, right down the street from Kettle Brook. 30/70% owners to renters (more concerning), but they have reserves and only 1 foreclosure.

So, I'm up for suggestions. I don't want to drive too far from the Framingham/Natick area- 30-40min max would be good, but I'd be willing to make an exception for a really good place. Fitchburg would probably be the limit.

How is that part of Worcester as far as crime/safety is concerned?

You are much better off commuting from the East side of town rather than the West. Roads in Worcester, like all cities, are jammed from every direction during rush hour.

Regarding crime, those properties you are looking at are only a few miles down from Main South, considered the heaviest crime area in Worcester.

If I had physical problems, I personally would not want to live in an isolated area away from hospitals and public transportation. But that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts