Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 06:05 PM

193 posts, read 278,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Read about up in Maine, Bar Harbor police summoned 3 kids for smoking POT in public.
So that's 3 places i saw POT being smoked in public and 1 place i read about.
And what happened? The police summoned them. Which is just what would have happened had pot been illegal.

There's no uptick in public pot smoking in Metrowest, I can tell you that. I have not seen it or smelt it anywhere since legalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 11:02 AM

636 posts, read 705,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Mo View Post
LOL! And you have magical crystal ball data on Brockton Pot smokers of the 1970's? HAHA that is funny. No one was telling the govt their pot habits in the 1970's. I am sure you are lamenting the white fake pot smoker's exodus!
I have contributed to the history of Brockton in the past. Never lived there.
Here are some examples that come to mind in no particular order:
Brockton was 99% white in the 1950s.--- That comes from an African American former Brockton Superintendent of Brockton schools who said he was from one of only 3 black families living in Brockton in the 1950s.
Brockton was 88% white in the 1972
65% of all births in Brockton Hospital in 1990 were minority
Early 1960s Brockton property values were one of the highest in Eastern Mass

Going back from digression , In the 1970s decade, Brockton was a predominately white middle class widely pot smoking community with lackadaisical local police enforcement of POT laws, that exited out of Brockton in the late 70s,1980s to the Plymouths and Eastons. As well as there was an exodus out of Brockton out of state to Florida and..Colorado. Look at Easton where Brocktonians moved to, a huge POT making factory was approved in Easton with absolutely no local opposition. See the thread: 'Easton is the New Brockton'

Old 08-20-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbms28 View Post
And what happened? The police summoned them. Which is just what would have happened had pot been illegal.

There's no uptick in public pot smoking in Metrowest, I can tell you that. I have not seen it or smelt it anywhere since legalization.
I am not trying to be antagonist. I am of the viewpoint of recommending, Do not move into any MASS community for at least 2-3 years until we see where all the marbles fall from the legalization of POT in Massachusetts. Every Massachusetts community, every MA neighborhood,every MA street is going to change and be totally different from what it is today. Some MA communities will change more drastically than others.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:29 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,038 times
Quote:
I am not trying to be antagonist. I am of the viewpoint of recommending, Do not move into any MASS community for at least 2-3 years until we see where all the marbles fall from the legalization of POT in Massachusetts. Every Massachusetts community, every MA neighborhood,every MA street is going to change and be totally different from what it is today. Some MA communities will change more drastically than others.
Having been to CO pre and post legalization, I beg to differ. Marijuana was/is present legal or not, so the idea that this will 'open the flood gates' is as naive as thinking prohibition would curb rampant alcoholism ... it simply means the naive become 'enlightened' once it's in the public domain.

Do you have any real world experience or are you simply projecting your fears? I can tell you as an infrequent casual user, legalization has allowed me to greatly distance myself from those more likely to peddle other narcotics. It's gone from 'ubiquitous' to 'ubiquitous and safe', which is a good thing for society and especially for younger more impressionable adults who, in prior generations, bought their weed from the same dude selling an array of other 'harder' drugs.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:27 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,547 times
Quote:
Somerville is one of the most desirable places to live in the state right now, check out home prices. I live there. Have you taken the time to watch this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLYV0_6zY8

I presume you have no intent to watch it, for fear of having to face reality.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
Somerville is one of the most desirable places to live in the state right now, check out home prices. I live there. Have you taken the time to watch this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLYV0_6zY8

I presume you have no intent to watch it, for fear of having to face reality.
Take this general advice. Get out of the densely populated cities including 'the most desirable place' Somerville.
There is about 3,4 days worth of food in the the inner area of route 128. A 2 day snowstorm and people are fighting for bread on the shelves. If the grid goes down a week,4 weeks, months, which is likely is a foregone conclusion they will some day. Did you see that long crowd of 15000 marching down the streets to the rally? Power goes out for weeks,months, they will coming out again, blacks and whites, X hundreds of thousands for food people may be hoarding in their homes. I wouldnt move to Somerville or any densely population area in this century even if it was the most POT free community in the country.

Back from digression.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:06 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,235 times
ROFL

Time for this thread to be put to pasture

Old 08-20-2017, 07:55 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Judging from my experience living in CA for 10+ years it's only a matter of time before your grandmother is smoking pot in Harvard Square.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:30 PM

40 posts, read 26,830 times
Pot smokers are scum, because zombie apocalypse. At least we finally understand.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:51 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Mo View Post
Pot smokers are scum, because zombie apocalypse. At least we finally understand.
Took long enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts