Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 06:43 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Wasn't there a big to do as well when tattoo shops were finally legal in MA? I think I remember an outcry against the sort of types such a shop would attract?
When i walk into a Mass Real Estate Office later on this year, this is the One List' i want to see, the Mass Communities that have banned tattoo and piercing shops .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 06:48 AM

636 posts, read 705,781 times
Two Brain Surgeons.
All you know about the two Brain Surgeons is one smokes Pot,is smothered in tattoos,tattoo on the neck,tattoos on the fingers.
The other does not.

Which one do you chose if your mother needed brain surgery?

Old 02-26-2018, 06:56 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Two Brain Surgeons.
All you know about the two Brain Surgeons is one smokes Pot,is smothered in tattoos,tattoo on the neck,tattoos on the fingers.
The other does not.

The one who went to the best schools.

My oncology nurse practitioner had her nose pierced and her hair dyed funky colors. Might have had tattoos too, but was always wearing long sleeve shirts under the scrubs so I couldn't tell. She had also worked at the top cancer centers in the country for 25+ years and had a master's degree from an Ivy League. She also happened to have answers that my oncologist often struggled to produce - and he was pretty good, too!

When selecting a surgeon, I picked the one who went to Harvard Med and was a Rhodes Scholar. He could have come in with a mohawk for all I cared.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:23 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,232,387 times
Quote:
Two Brain Surgeons.
The other does not.

Seems like you judge people based off of their appearance rather then their intelligence or the content of their character.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:35 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Two Brain Surgeons.
The other does not.

The one with the best education and best track record, of course.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:19 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,232,387 times
I mean I wouldn't want a surgeon high on pot when doing a surgery, but I don't care less if the surgeon partakes in thc ingestion outside of his/her working hours.

It's the same with alachol. I couldn't care less if the surgeon has a few beers or bottles of wine after the surgery is over. Of course I wouldn't want a drunk surgeon operating on me. What the surgeon does in his/her personal life is none of my interest unless it affects his/her ability to do the job. And most objective studies show that excessive consumption of alachol is more detrimental to someone's health and has a higher incidence of addiction then the use of marijuana.

The most legitimate argument against pot legalization is that there is no reliable way to determine intoxication while driving. There is no accurate breathalyzer for pot use. However driving drunk is a lot worse then driving high. https://youtu.be/dw1HavgoK9E

Old 02-26-2018, 10:11 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
I mean I wouldn't want a surgeon high on pot when doing a surgery
I always felt like I had to take the exams high if I studied high. I'm not a surgeon though.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:13 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,493,343 times
I find that my golf game improves if I am slightly drunk

Old 03-02-2018, 11:27 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,352 times
Default Not even that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
I mean I wouldn't want a surgeon high on pot when doing a surgery, but I don't care less if the surgeon partakes in thc ingestion outside of his/her working hours.

It's the same with alachol. I couldn't care less if the surgeon has a few beers or bottles of wine after the surgery is over. Of course I wouldn't want a drunk surgeon operating on me. What the surgeon does in his/her personal life is none of my interest unless it affects his/her ability to do the job. And most objective studies show that excessive consumption of alachol is more detrimental to someone's health and has a higher incidence of addiction then the use of marijuana.

The most legitimate argument against pot legalization is that there is no reliable way to determine intoxication while driving. There is no accurate breathalyzer for pot use. However driving drunk is a lot worse then driving high. https://youtu.be/dw1HavgoK9E

I can't agree that is a legitimate argument against cannabis re-legalization. Police officers doing roadway stops are trained to do a field sobriety test. The field sobriety test is supposed to measure your ability to perform the tasks of driving.

If you can pass that test, it shouldn't matter if there are THC byproducts in your blood. If you are not impaired enough to fail the test than you are not "under the influence".

This is especially important with cannabis use because those cannabis by products that drug tests are looking for can persist in the fatty tissue for a long time after you are no longer high.

There is a recently developed swab test that can tell if you smoked cannabis within a time frame, which if I remember correctly is something like the last two hours. That would be more likely to be someone who is actually "under the influence". The swab test and the field sobriety test should be enough to determine if a person is fit to drive.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:09 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,547 times
Quote:
Two Brain Surgeons.
The other does not.

I kinda feel sorry for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts