Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 07:07 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be putting a listing on the market in Somerville soon and so I've been driving through Cambridge/Somerville a lot more lately. This thread always comes to mind because I do smell a lot of pot as I'm driving around. I personally don't really care what people are doing, but I thought the new pot laws didn't allow for public consumption. So, I found the amount of smoke/aroma surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 07:08 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,972 times
Not only does it not kill people, it saves people. Again, watch the CNN "Weed" documentary. It's one of the most misunderstood drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLYV0_6zY8

Medical marijuana cures toddler's seizures - CNN Video

And watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo

Old 08-01-2017, 09:01 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I'm going to be putting a listing on the market in Somerville soon and so I've been driving through Cambridge/Somerville a lot more lately. This thread always comes to mind because I do smell a lot of pot as I'm driving around. I personally don't really care what people are doing, but I thought the new pot laws didn't allow for public consumption. So, I found the amount of smoke/aroma surprising.
It is illegal, but few bother to enforce it. I should note, this behavior started post-decriminalization - a non-escalating $300 fine apparently isn't a good deterrent.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:10 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
Not only does it not kill people, it saves people. Again, watch the CNN "Weed" documentary. It's one of the most misunderstood drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLYV0_6zY8

Medical marijuana cures toddler's seizures - CNN Video

And watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo
It's not misunderstood at all. Why are some so defensive? There are plenty of us who enjoy clean air. Plenty of us who have smoked it and enjoyed it--just want to have the freedom to breathe it when we want to and not be breathing it as we walk along the street. It's not addicting at all--I smoked it for years when I wanted to and I never got addicted. Alcohol is MUCH worse.

And, no, I am not going to stay home --that's kind of a rude comment, like "If you don't like our government, you can go live in another country." This isn't a very productive thread--see ya.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:20 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
I personally don't really care what people are doing, but I thought the new pot laws didn't allow for public consumption. So, I found the amount of smoke/aroma surprising.
The law doesn't allow for public consumption, but the penalty is a misdemeanor fine. Police generally use common sense and really aren't going to bother to enforce the law unless it is a blatant violation. Again, as someone who lives in Cambridge and walks around the city daily I smell marijuana outside of my home maybe a few times a week, the same as before the new laws went into effect.

Soon you'll associate the smell with multiple cash offers above asking price.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:29 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
The law doesn't allow for public consumption, but the penalty is a misdemeanor fine. Police generally use common sense and really aren't going to bother to enforce the law unless it is a blatant violation. Again, as someone who lives in Cambridge and walks around the city daily I smell marijuana outside of my home maybe a few times a week, the same as before the new laws went into effect.

Soon you'll associate the smell with multiple cash offers above asking price.
So you're telling me at the open house for my new listing instead of baking cookies in the oven that I should burn a pile of weed in the living room to attract buyers?

Old 08-01-2017, 11:52 AM

193 posts, read 278,783 times
Quote:
So you're telling me at the open house for my new listing instead of baking cookies in the oven that I should burn a pile of weed in the living room to attract buyers?
You're kidding, but if you offered pot at certain open houses, I'll bet you'd get more visitors.

Bloomberg just did an article today about how "pot weddings" are a new craze in states that have legalization - the example used was CO.

Maybe "pot open houses" are just around the corner.

Now I'm kidding. I think.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:22 PM

3,214 posts, read 2,121,919 times
There are also " pot dinners " where people go and consume a dinner made of all THC products.
I would prob not like to be around a bunch of people i don't know while consuming edibles.
I barely like being around the people I know on those things.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:17 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default Well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Smoking marijuana is treating your body like it is a garbage can.
Considering what comes out of it, there's a garbage can in there somewhere.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:00 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It's not misunderstood at all.
It is by wror
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts