Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 08:10 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The Herald a "far right rag" LMAO! They didn't even endorse Trump, and they have consistently with liberal Republican Charlie Baker over the more ideological and conservative previous party leadership.

It has also been well covered by many publications, her two-faced talk on stuff like Wall Street and veterans. She is another Hillary...

Most far right newspapers didn't endorse Trump. Almost no one did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 08:37 AM

39 posts, read 31,602 times
The reality is that anyone who favors Trump demonizes HRC and Warren and vice versa. There is no middle ground, so there can't really be a rational conversation between the two sides. I think until new players come on the scene on both sides it's just going to be more of the same. You will never convince someone on the right that Warren is anything but an HRC clone. I mean, seriously...people are jokingly accusing Warren of murder on this thread? How does that elevate the conversation? Just like Trump plays his pocahontas card, conservatives can't beat any other drum than "she's an HRC clone". Converstations about legislation and real issues, anyone?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:15 AM

4,594 posts, read 4,850,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachykeen917 View Post
I mean, seriously...people are jokingly accusing Warren of murder on this thread? How does that elevate the conversation? Just like Trump plays his pocahontas card, conservatives can't beat any other drum than "she's an HRC clone". Converstations about legislation and real issues, anyone?
Cause we had a senior senator who did kill someone and then serve another 40 years. The fact that she hasn't killed anyone elevates her above Ted Kennedy.

Blah blah blah it was an accident, Martha's Vineyard acquitted him. Still the source of much satire up through the early 90s.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:34 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,614,563 times
She is a good watchdog and advocate for most of us.

Her probe of fake AirBnB short term rentals, for one.
Elizabeth Warren urges probe of Airbnb-type rentals | Reuters

I would rather see her as a future US Attorney General than President. I think she would do more good in that role.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:18 PM

39 posts, read 31,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Cause we had a senior senator who did kill someone and then serve another 40 years. The fact that she hasn't killed anyone elevates her above Ted Kennedy.

Blah blah blah it was an accident, Martha's Vineyard acquitted him. Still the source of much satire up through the early 90s.
And the early 90s were over 20 years ago. And how is Ted Kennedy's 1960's negligent behavior relevant to Elizabeth Warren? I thought the "joke" was that it's the Clinton's who have people killed and Warren has been hanging with HRC, so she is probably a (supposed) murderer, too.

If you have a problem with Ted Kennedy, that's fine. I just don't understand how rolling over the same jokes about the Clintons and Warren 8 months later does anything worthwhile. Do you really think Warren is a murderer?

Old 08-28-2017, 12:39 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,586,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post

Oh look some with a beef about the Kennedys she will somehow try to blame Warren, Obama or Hillary.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:45 PM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times
Quote:
Do you think Elizabeth Warren is a good senator?
No. She cares more about her social agenda, and is not concerned about individuals with their real life problems. During the dining hall workers strike at Harvard U. last fall, she hopped out of her limo, dropped off some Dunkin Donuts munchkins and stood for a photo op, but didn't actually listen and discuss any of the strikers' concerns. After about ten minutes, she left in her black SUV.

How is she so much better as a senator than someone like Scott Brown? Just because she has a D next to her title, doesn't make her a better advocate for the people of Massachusetts.

No way would I ever vote for her for president.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 7,776,768 times
To be honest, although I didn't agree with them at least back in the days of people like Tip O'Neil and Ted Kennedy I could at least see where they were coming from and they'd make a decent argument. In retrospect, even Barney Frank wasn't that bad vs what we have now.

Politics now has become so destructive on both ends it is a turnoff at least to the mainstream.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:03 AM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
She is a good watchdog and advocate for most of us.

I would rather see her as a future US Attorney General than President. I think she would do more good in that role.
^^ I agree with this. But she would be a disaster as a president and polarize our two party system even more. She is just as bad as Trump with her divisive style of speaking. We need a president that can work with both parties.

I heard her voice on the radio this morning harping again on income disparity. Excuse me, but as long as the Democrats keep our borders open to all illegals and refugees, there will be huge income disparity in the US since those people are coming in with nothing, no money, no English, no education. The Dems are the ones making the problem worse. Close the borders and kick out the illegals, then work on closing the income gap.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:17 AM

7,225 posts, read 4,512,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Oh wow.. that is cutting edge.. I know at the top of my list was the important concern of fake Air BnB rentals.

What is next... an investigation of fake craigslist rentals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts