Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 12:54 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Thanks for all of your help, everyone! I bit the bullet and am moving to Marlborough mid-month. Less turn around time than I planned, but I'll have two weeks to move which is a lot less stressful than the alternative.

Worse comes to worse, if I hate it I'll move in a year.

Now, to start finding furniture and a way to get it into the apartment!

Charolastra, I send kind thoughts and wishes to you in your new place. I purchased some real furniture and home decorating gems at Gallery 56 in Clinton Consignment Gallery at 56 - Consignments in MA - Consignment Shops in MA - Consignment Stores in MA and Still Life in Hudson https://www.stilllifehome.com/ consignment, when I lived in the area. To the best of my knowledge, they still deliver locally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 03:58 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Charolastra, I send kind thoughts and wishes to you in your new place. I purchased some real furniture and home decorating gems at Gallery 56 in Clinton Consignment Gallery at 56 - Consignments in MA - Consignment Shops in MA - Consignment Stores in MA and Still Life in Hudson https://www.stilllifehome.com/ consignment, when I lived in the area. To the best of my knowledge, they still deliver locally.
Thanks! That's helpful. A friend who lives in Worcester has also suggested we go to a place in Shrewsbury that gets a lot of Wayfair furniture marked way down because of minor imperfections. A lot of it is already assembled, too!

I've had good experiences with Wayfair in the past, but the new complex has a central delivery room that is a haul from where I can park my car, and on the other side of the complex from my new apartment! Thinking it won't work this time around.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:11 PM

787 posts, read 780,759 times
Congrats on the new place in Marlborough. I hope everything goes smoothly with the move. I grew up in Shrewsbury but now live in Westborough. Any questions about the area, let me know.

There's a bunch of meetup groups for people in the area. Pretty good way to meet people.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:38 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,737,232 times
I know several people that have lived at Royal Crest Apts. in North Andover and I have visited both. They were all pleased. The folks in Marlboro were locals who knew Marlboro quite well (one a Marlboro Firefighter) and they lived there during a housing transition. They were happy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts