Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 11:15 AM

3 posts, read 6,220 times

Advertisements

Hello.

Does anyone have insight about the availability of Uber/Lyft around 5AM on a weekday in the summer for a trip from Mashpee to Hyannis airport?

I'm trying to figure out if taxi or Uber/Lyft is more economical. I know Uber trips can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance, but if there's not a driver available at your scheduled time, they just cancel it at that time. That would be short notice to get a taxi to the airport for a scheduled flight.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 12:32 PM

2,201 posts, read 5,326,882 times
I've never had a problem getting an Uber and I live in the least touristy area of the Cape. Can you confirm the morning of with your Uber driver? There are other airport transit services that you could hire for peace of mind.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:40 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,663,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checking4Myself View Post
Hello.

Does anyone have insight about the availability of Uber/Lyft around 5AM on a weekday in the summer for a trip from Mashpee to Hyannis airport?

I'm trying to figure out if taxi or Uber/Lyft is more economical. I know Uber trips can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance, but if there's not a driver available at your scheduled time, they just cancel it at that time. That would be short notice to get a taxi to the airport for a scheduled flight.

Thanks!
So my experience living in the burbs is that it's damn near impossible to actually find a cab company who will reliably show up. Uber is your best bet- there's always a driver who desperately needs money and will be on the road at 5 am. You can schedule the ride in advance- and if enough people schedule rides in your area in advance, Uber can entice more drivers to sign in and drive when it's needed.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:51 AM

Default Beachcomber...

Thank you for your time in answering.

I don't think you can actually confirm with a specific Uber driver in advance. You can schedule a ride 30 days in advance with a 15 minute pickup window, and if Uber doesn't have a driver available for your ride, they notify you at the end of the 15 minute window, which could be inconvenient. I was hoping for a "door to airport" service so I won't have to inconvenience anyone with getting up at that hour of the morning to drive me even to a bus stop or what have you.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:55 AM

Default Dm84

Thanks for your time answering.

I looked on an Uber drivers Cape Cod forum, and granted the posts were older (2015-2016-ish) but it looked like there would be a lot of drivers available in the Hyannis area on Friday or Saturday nights, but not much otherwise as the rates they got paid by Uber for the Cape weren't really conducive to driving out there unless you happened to already live on the Cape. There were a LOT of comments by the drivers on that forum about how leaving Hyannis to drive 10-15 minutes out for a ride that was likely to only be a $6-8 fare just wasn't worth it. I was glad to read your post because that tells me things have improved somewhat since then.

Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts