Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 01:31 PM

17,154 posts, read 8,804,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I've been told you're a sincere poster, but comments like this have me asking the question: Are you for real?
His points are often wildly exaggerated but not necessarily wrong.

I still think, though, that his focus should be elsewhere. Fentanyl to be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 02:24 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,105,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
His points are often wildly exaggerated but not necessarily wrong.

I still think, though, that his focus should be elsewhere. Fentanyl to be specific.
He's wrong in the sense that he frequently makes correlations which don't exist; attempting to turn 'wants' into 'truths'. There is, in my opinion, a clear distinction between 'voicing concerns and stating a position' and Wror's unobjective smear campaign.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:49 PM

The recreational stores are supposedly going to open on July 1st. That's 7.5 weeks from now.

Last I heard, as of a week or so ago, the State had not yet issued licenses to the recreational growers. The recreational growers are not allowed to start growing until they get their licenses.

If the recreational stores do open on July 1st, my understanding is that they will only be able to get their inventory from the licensed medicinal growers. They are not allowed to get it from the black market and (obviously) the recreational growers will not be ready.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't believe the recreational stores will open on July 1st.

But if they do open, there likely will not be enough marijuana to go around.

Of course there's the possibility that the licensed medicinal growers really stepped up production in anticipation of this. If so, supply wouldn't be an issue.

Regardless, let's not overlook the cash-only aspect and taxation. These are important issues.

I'd like to hear what others think will happen on July 1st.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:09 AM

70 posts, read 69,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
And the majority of over 50% of Massachusetts communities that banned marijuana businesses disagree with the posters.
Also, According to the retired national talk show host Neal Boortz, about 90% of forum readers read but never post in a forum.
I Got lots of company!
My point, that you totally missed, is that you are very passionate about your position on POT but you waste your time posting to this forum. If you are truly passionate about this, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

I am guessing you have plenty of spare time in your life.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:16 PM

636 posts, read 699,519 times
Quote:
How about this:
"May 2, 2018
San Francisco Chronicle
"Marijuana mayhem: 6th home robbed in Sonoma County since February""..
"...the recent legalization of cannabis for California adults 21 and over is directly contributing to the recent spate of home invasions.."
"...word has gotten out that marijuana in California is abundant and it’s easy to get..."
"In February, four men and a woman allegedly broke in to two houses in Santa Rosa in search of marijuana. The suspects are accused of killing a man"
https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/ar...a-12882122.php

O look, Missed this story. Criminals looking for Marijuana are already committing violent Home Invasions of homes in Massachusetts:

MASSACHUSETTS:
Sun Chronicle
"May 3, 2018
Massachusetts man murdered by home invaders looking for POT
ATTLEBORO — The two alleged gunmen in a marijuana robbery gone awry that ended in a fatal shooting on South Avenue....
They face charges of first-degree murder, home invasion, armed assault with intent to rob
the two suspects allegedly forced their way into the house at gunpoint in hopes of stealing marijuana.
Alleged gunmen plead innocent to Attleboro pot murder | Local News | thesunchronicle.com

You people who use Marijuana, this is new reality of your world.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:18 PM

3,146 posts, read 2,071,138 times
Someone in my neighborhood got shot for breaking into a house to steal a laptop last week.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:05 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,105,618 times
Quote:
O look, Missed this story. Criminals looking for Marijuana are already committing violent Home Invasions of homes in Massachusetts:

MASSACHUSETTS:
Sun Chronicle
"May 3, 2018
Massachusetts man murdered by home invaders looking for POT
ATTLEBORO — The two alleged gunmen in a marijuana robbery gone awry that ended in a fatal shooting on South Avenue....
They face charges of first-degree murder, home invasion, armed assault with intent to rob
the two suspects allegedly forced their way into the house at gunpoint in hopes of stealing marijuana.
Alleged gunmen plead innocent to Attleboro pot murder | Local News | thesunchronicle.com

You people who use Marijuana, this is new reality of your world.
Police searching a South Avenue home after a man was fatally shot there in December seized 10 large bags of suspected marijuana, according to recently released court documents.

The suspected marijuana, located in a plastic bin, was left behind by two armed men who forced their way into 148 South Ave. in Dec. 4 with what prosecutors say was the intent to steal 10 pounds of the drug.

Not relevant to legal users. The suspects had reason to believe there was 10 pounds of marijuana on site, which is obscene by any measure - victim was clearly dealing and got mixed up with some very bad people. Another false narrative by chicken-little.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:50 PM

636 posts, read 699,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Police searching a South Avenue home after a man was fatally shot there in December seized 10 large bags of suspected marijuana, according to recently released court documents.

The suspected marijuana, located in a plastic bin, was left behind by two armed men who forced their way into 148 South Ave. in Dec. 4 with what prosecutors say was the intent to steal 10 pounds of the drug.

Not relevant to legal users. The suspects had reason to believe there was 10 pounds of marijuana on site, which is obscene by any measure - victim was clearly dealing and got mixed up with some very bad people. Another false narrative by chicken-little.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...HfBxAZoQpwUIDw

Old 05-10-2018, 04:32 PM

wror, the reality is: for every marijuana related home invasion you hear about, there are likely dozens you don't hear about. It is very common, and you'll only hear about the ones where something went very wrong. The vast majority of marijuana related home invasions go under the radar because the victim doesn't call the police.

And, yes, this mostly involves illegal dealers. But I do believe it's relevant to this discussion.

Anybody with knowledge and motivation can now legally grow in their Massachusetts home more than enough high quality marijuana to legitimately put themselves at risk for a violent home invasion.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:35 PM

Nobody wants to share their thoughts about July 1st?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts