Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 09:08 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times

Advertisements

https://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/cb...acco-addiction
https://www.endoca.com/blog/cbd-addi...-quit-smoking/

I have recently been doing a lot of reading about CBD to quit smoking as I have taken it to curb pain in my shoulder which worked only marginally but noticed the effects it had on my mood and cravings. It seems to be in its infant stages of research but sounds promising. WROR instead of fearing the unknown, maybe it's time that you and your old pals put facts before fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 05:05 AM

636 posts, read 705,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
https://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/cb...acco-addiction
https://www.endoca.com/blog/cbd-addi...-quit-smoking/

I have recently been doing a lot of reading about CBD to quit smoking as I have taken it to curb pain in my shoulder which worked only marginally but noticed the effects it had on my mood and cravings. It seems to be in its infant stages of research but sounds promising. WROR instead of fearing the unknown, maybe it's time that you and your old pals put facts before fantasy.
Not speaking for everyone,In this particular tread i would just like to chit chat on, and showcase the merits and positive insights of East Bridgewater Ma., and other communities that banned local POT,however, avoid value judgement on POT in and by itself.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:59 PM

The People spoke and voted in the Majority in West Bridgewater, Marijuana Lost:

The Enterprise
"West Bridgewater voters against pot shops, cultivators in town"
"Sixty percent of voters in West Bridgewater’s Saturday election were against marijuana businesses in town."

WEST BRIDGEWATER,MA. — Voters favored a complete prohibition on marijuana businesses in Saturday’s town election, following in the footsteps of nearly every Brockton-area town to hold a public referendum on pot shops.......Bridgewater, Stoughton, Raynham and Whitman have also voted against marijuana establishments in their towns...'

West Bridgewater voters against pot shops, cultivators in town - News - The Enterprise, Brockton, MA - Brockton, MA

Attached Thumbnails
Individual Votes By Cities/Towns Whether To Allow Marijuana  businesses-2f64ee3bcda489448d9ce4fbc8c1ab41l-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg  

Old 04-15-2018, 09:12 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
The People spoke and voted in the Majority in West Bridgewater, Marijuana Lost:

Yawn.

After alcohol prohibition ended thousands of towns immediately decided they would continue to prohibit it's sale. A large majority of them changed their minds not long after.

Odds are West Bridgewater and all the other towns you're citing will have shops within the next few years once they see how much revenue they are giving up. So I wouldn't be getting to excited if I was you.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Yawn.

After alcohol prohibition ended thousands of towns immediately decided they would continue to prohibit it's sale. A large majority of them changed their minds not long after.

Odds are West Bridgewater and all the other towns you're citing will have shops within the next few years once they see how much revenue they are giving up. So I wouldn't be getting to excited if I was you.
Absolutely, some Mass Towns may overturn and open the junk shoppes.

However, based on the fact Over 70% of Colorado communities banned local POT shoppes and remain the ban on local POT shoppes, Odds, based on Colorado, appear MA towns will keep the Ban on local POT shoppes. A number of these CO communities held new community elections to overturn the Ban and those elections failed to retract the ban. I believe one CO city that could be called a sister city of Brockton Ma, over turned the Ban.

Also, when booze Prohibition ended, many towns in MASS and towns in other States, banned local booze businesses for over 7 decades and remain banned today. A number of MA towns that banned local booze businesses after Prohibition ended, became some of the Best Mass towns in the State. Yes, a number of these MASS Best Towns recently retraced the Ban on booze, but they no longer towns but SubURBANan communities.--- a derivative of being considered a city.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:23 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
West Bridgewater has wonderful methadone and opioid clinics. I think it would be a good fit for wror. Stay away from pot smokers, you can't trust them. Better to live near drug addiction centers.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
West Bridgewater has wonderful methadone and opioid clinics. I think it would be a good fit for wror. Stay away from pot smokers, you can't trust them. Better to live near drug addiction centers.
West Bridgewater police stopped over 100 drivers in 4 hours about 2 years ago, 55 drivers in 4 hours another time, and routinely conduct similar traffic stings on their town roadways.
I forget specifics: West Bridgewater PD is often named as the town that annually gives out the highest number of traffic tickets of all communties in the entire State of Massachusetts. Or per capita. Something like that. I have seen officers in cruisers parked at the exit ramp of route 24, observing drivers coming off the state highway. As a classic Boston Driver, you dont mess with roads in West Bridgewater.

The point being, POT using drivers would be wise to stay away from West Bridgewater. They are gonna pinch ya, in a jail ya will go.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
be wise to stay away from West Bridgewater.

From the sounds of it, everyone should just stay away if the cops just sit around looking for people to pull over.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:36 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,230,657 times
Is being a speed trap town now a good thing?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:06 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
The point being, POT using drivers would be wise to stay away from West Bridgewater. They are gonna pinch ya, in a jail ya will go.

Why would you go to jail? It's not illegal to use or have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts