Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,875 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

Last night I was at a show working backstage. during intermission, I moved my car, which is a 2001 green Oldsmobile intrigue to the other side of this Mother's car, which is a white SUV because I thought it'd be easier to back out of when I left to go home after the show. This person was taking up to parking spots and I remember being close to the person's car on my driver's side than the lady's SUV which was on my passenger side. I can't recall ever hitting the lady's SUV. I remember going into my passenger side to get something that I forgot and remembered not seeing anything different to my car. Later that night around 8:02 p.m. I got told by her that my car hit her car. Obviously, I was freaked out because I didn't remember ever hitting her car. and told her that I would pay for the damages because I thought it was that major. She said I wouldn't be able to afford it. so she took my name and number down, well i'm an occasional driver on my Fiance's insurance so of course, I called him, while I was on the phone with him, I was looking at my passenger side once again I saw a huge scratch mark with her paint on it, which is white, mine is green, and then looked at her car where she said she'd need it fixed which was the back panel and saw no damage. she took off without ever giving me her information. i then called the police but they said they couldn't do anything about it. So i'm wondering, with me having more damage, can she claim that it was me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 05:59 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveme121 View Post
...told her that I would pay for the damages because I thought it was that major. She said I wouldn't be able to afford it.
I don't know the legalities involved, but I just wanted to say that despite your post's title, if she said that [what I put in bold], she is not a lady. That's a nasty thing to say.

I'm sorry that you had this mishap. I hope that it gets cleared up easily.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:06 AM

8,543 posts, read 14,022,910 times
It sounds like there was an exchange of paint. So, someone hit the other person. It seems this is going to end up being a "he said, she said" situation. Not sure how the insurance companies will handle things if you said she hit your car and she says you hit her car.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:10 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It sounds like there was an exchange of paint. So, someone hit the other person. It seems this is going to end up being a "he said, she said" situation. Not sure how the insurance companies will handle things if you said she hit your car and she says you hit her car.

Having just gone though this, it goes nowhere. Without a witness, police report, video, etc, it just boils down to he said/she said and that's the end of it.

Of course, that's not to imply the other lady can't stamp her feet and make things difficult for the OP. Given the implication of an expensive SUV and parking across 2 spaces...I'd be she would try to make something of it.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:57 AM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
All you can do is tell your insurance co. that you aren't responsible. It wouldn't hurt to file a police report as well.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,875 times
I tried calling the police after she left and they said there was nothing they could do.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:33 AM

I meant go down to the station and file one in person. At least inform the insurance co.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:14 AM

3,213 posts, read 2,120,946 times
Usually in these he said she said cases insurance will have a court style hearing to determine liability

Old 04-09-2018, 01:41 PM

12,856 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Usually in these he said she said cases insurance will have a court style hearing to determine liability
I would add to the OP - tell your insurance company your side of the story as soon as possible. There is no way for anyone here to guarantee a result for you, but you may run into a tougher time if you wait to claim it with your insurance company. Especially if she's on her game and did it right away. If you have to wait for the insurance company to contact you first and ask about it, you might face more of an uphill battle. So get a start on it ASAP.

Also maybe check with the facility/lot and see if they have cameras in that area. They might. And they're might be footage of the accident. Though again, having a police report started would also help.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Where did you hear that? Are you sure you aren't thinking of surcharge appeal hearings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts