Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 07:31 AM

5,007 posts, read 3,884,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Just listed sfh in newton for 850k

What faults do you see(from photos, description). Location? Small lot? North is kinda busy street yes...

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Newton/20-.../home/11493552
Well, it's one of four lots surrounded by main roads on all sides. As for location, Nonantum is probably the least desirable of the thirteen village. That's kind of the running joke in the city- If it's north of the Mass Pike Star Market, don't go there (complete joke as everything, as anyone familiar with the area would know, is very nice at this point). Aesthetically, though, it's a bit more urban.. Still very nice. Certainly a good commuter location as you could probably walk/bike to the Newtonville train.

Also, wait until the public records report the closing price. It shows as a Hot Home with the potential to sell 99% faster than other homes in the area.. I'd expect this house to go >$40k over asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 03:14 PM

880 posts, read 815,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
Aesthetically, though, it's a bit more urban.. Still very nice. Certainly a good commuter location as you could probably walk/bike to the Newtonville train.
I think there has been some amount of speculation with multi family houses within walking distance to commuter rail. I think speculators (which could be troubling)are betting on the brand new downtown and rebuilt 2 mile stretch of Washington street to be very attractive to millenials. Grantite counter tops, walk to train, good schools and walk to whole foods

Last edited by bugelrex; 07-02-2018 at 03:44 PM..

Old 07-02-2018, 05:58 PM

12,213 posts, read 9,296,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0tsomuch View Post
This is perfect, but we'd be renting. Though, surprisingly, I'd rather that kitchen than any other, and we do love to cook! I love the horseshoe type.
I also like to cook and for "working", prefer the U-shaped kitchen, maybe 8x10 (a little wider than shown). You're surrounded by work surfaces and stations, so it tends to be very efficient in going back and forth between stove, fridge, sink, prep area, etc. Another layout I like, is a moderate sized L-shaped kitchen (mebbe 12x14), if it's an eat-in kitchen... I just like the informal, cozy feel of a house with an eat-in kitchen (not those island things with a few stools), and then the kitchen table can be another work surface, or friends can hang out with you while you're cooking, and when it's time to set the table or to eat, you don't have to cart the plates or the food half a mile to the table, it's right there.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:54 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,327,290 times
FYI most people consider Newton suburban. Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and parts of Brookline are usually considered urban.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:31 PM

880 posts, read 815,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post

Also, wait until the public records report the closing price. It shows as a Hot Home with the potential to sell 99% faster than other homes in the area.. I'd expect this house to go >$40k over asking.
wow, that house (20 north st, Newton) is pending already. Only 6 days on market.. crazy

Old 07-05-2018, 06:46 AM

5,007 posts, read 3,884,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
wow, that house (20 north st, Newton) is pending already. Only 6 days on market.. crazy
Like clockwork. It really was a nice house/great deal though.. Nice find. Hopefully the OP can find a few like that down the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts