Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 02:09 PM

23,548 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Massnative probably actually does.
Whatever bro...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope and nope. Multiple generations, a large number of agencies, without a single shred of doubt.
It is and has been systemic. I'm just surprised that they are evening stirring that nest. It's not like this stuff has been a well kept secret.

And you would know all about that wouldn't you.

But thing is, you probably voted for some of the clowns who enabled this to continue for so long. All while, you post in other threads about how Massachusetts is one of the best run states in America.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:05 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
And you would know all about that wouldn't you.

But thing is, you probably voted for some of the clowns who enabled this to continue for so long. All while, you post in other threads about how Massachusetts is one of the best run states in America.

It is. This isn't just this state. This happens in every single state.

Republicans of Dems, doesn't matter, they're all center to right and pro status quo. Until real progressives get in, things won't change.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:23 PM

405 posts, read 257,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Eh, to be fair I spent plenty of years of digging holes with an officer watching me and did feel safer. Depends on the road setup, but we've had the detail leave for an emergency nearby and all the sudden traffic starts whizzing by at 30moh faster than when the detail was there. I've asked detail cops to run radar. People slow down real fast when that happens. I've had my butt hanging out of a manhole and a trooper will stand next to me watching my back. I won't complain about him making $500 for that.

I just complain when they work 2 hours for it and get their slip signed off for 8

Odd that the other 49 states do just fine without cops on road jobs. How do they DO it?

Old 12-20-2018, 06:02 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,119,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

I like how you blame everyone but the actual POS's that are lining their pockets. Well I guess everyone in the situation is, but us.
Are you us? or are you them?

What is your allegiance? seriously? Why are you okay with all this?

Old 12-20-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
I like how you blame everyone but the actual POS's that are lining their pockets. Well I guess everyone in the situation is, but us.
Are you us? or are you them?

What is your allegiance? seriously? Why are you okay with all this?
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about...did I approve of any illicit behavior that I'm unaware of???

The thing is you and I see our roles in a democratic society very differently. I don't see it as an "us vs. them". I take responsibility for every vote I cast (and I did screw up once or twice in the past). Fool me once, but not twice. I very rarely vote for an incumbent.

Odds are, if you have voted Democrat (or for the likes of Charlie Baker) in the city of Boston/state of Massachusetts; then you support the current system you are railing against.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:36 AM

I don't think any voting would change the systematic rape from one of the most powerful unions. Nobody questions it until now. Us vs them is people going to work every day and the people stealing their money. you seem to blaming me the voter instead of them, the thieves. pathetic.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I don't think any voting would change the systematic rape from one of the most powerful unions. Nobody questions it until now. Us vs them is people going to work every day and the people stealing their money. you seem to blaming me the voter instead of them, the thieves. pathetic.
I think you need to go back and read everything I wrote, and take it into context. It seems to me you are just looking for an argument.

But no, you do not see it to this extent in every state. You do not see the public sector unions holding this much power. Police road details, only state in the country that has it. Prevailing wage laws, why MA pays 3X more per mile than NH to pave a road. How's that working out for you?

Selfishness is a widespread human trait, and people (employees in this case) will take advantage of pushover leadership. If you own a business, and your employees steal from you or slack off on the job (in effect stealing time); then you are just as responsible for your failure as they are. Yes they are thieves, but you failed at hiring/managing your own staff.

And I'm not just blaming "you" as a voter. I'm sure I share some blame as well, even though I don't vote for the incumbents.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:40 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...6eK/story.html

For anyone who doubts the racism and sexism in the State Police...

Old 03-26-2019, 12:49 PM

https://www.masslive.com/boston/2019...e-scandal.html

Worst offender of the scandal is charged with 3 months. What a disgrace.

What exactly does Charlie Baker do ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts