U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM

1,106 posts, read 852,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Some people still have the misconception that these guys really are heroes. And these guys mostly believe it.
This is the craziest thing.THat grown adults look up to other grown adults like this and that adoration allows this stuff to happen... All the sexism, racism, corruption in the state police for years apparently fell on deaf ears. Cops NOT JUST MA STATE POLICE are generally scummy-the truth hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 06:39 PM

11,304 posts, read 5,834,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
This is the craziest thing.THat grown adults look up to other grown adults like this and that adoration allows this stuff to happen... All the sexism, racism, corruption in the state police for years apparently fell on deaf ears. Cops NOT JUST MA STATE POLICE are generally scummy-the truth hurts.

Nah. Most cops are very average. The typical CV is C's in High School. Some military because there were no better options. 4 years of Criminal Justice at an easy college. That's not scummy. That's just average people. Some C student from a working class suburb is likely going to be sexist and racist whether they're a construction worker or a cop. Comes with the territory.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:03 PM

6,977 posts, read 6,693,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Nah. Most cops are very average. The typical CV is C's in High School. Some military because there were no better options. 4 years of Criminal Justice at an easy college. That's not scummy. That's just average people. Some C student from a working class suburb is likely going to be sexist and racist whether they're a construction worker or a cop. Comes with the territory.

This guy was anything but average.

Thousands turn out for Weymouth sergeant's wake

He was a hero 3 times (yes I said it), in both Iraq and Afghanistan before then serving the town of Weymouth where himself and another poor lady lost their lives to a piece of human excrement.

It is no secret your disdain towards law enforcement and snobbery towards public higher education, but the bold part of this all out despicable post has hit a new low. I mean REALLY??? I hope you are a better person in real life, than when hiding behind your keyboard.

I happen to know those who work as cops, also firefighters/EMTs, public school teachers, nurses, corrections officers (the most thankless of them all); and as an adult I have the utmost respect for them all despite their human imperfections. They are as much heroes as anybody else, certainly far more than the keyboard cowards who probably wouldn't survive one day in any of their shoes.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:40 AM

1,068 posts, read 431,083 times
Listen, Not all or even most of these individuals are scum. A lot of them are honorable human beings just trying to feed their families like both you and I. They do get up every day and run a risk that most of us could not fathom.
Lets not get derailed from the the topic at hand, which is the MA state police robbing it's tax payers blind, and in turn treating us like we are beneath them. There is no single town police officers action that should steer you away from this.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Listen, Not all or even most of these individuals are scum. A lot of them are honorable human beings just trying to feed their families like both you and I. They do get up every day and run a risk that most of us could not fathom.
Lets not get derailed from the the topic at hand, which is the MA state police robbing it's tax payers blind, and in turn treating us like we are beneath them. There is no single town police officers action that should steer you away from this.

I agree, I just felt the hate and ignorance here (as it often does on an anonymous message board) to be getting out of hand and therefore needed to be addressed. Also remember it's the agency robbing the taxpayers blind along with a few individual troopers (although it does appear to be a sizable amount). Let's not label every single one of them, I'm sure the majority of them are as ashamed as anybody of their fellow troopers' actions.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:20 PM

1,068 posts, read 431,083 times
https://www.masslive.com/news/index....rooper_da.html

And they keep em coming.. What do you guys think the actual penalty should be for these crooks? Curious? Pay it back?

Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 PM

585 posts, read 289,102 times
Quote:
What do you guys think the actual penalty should be for these crooks? Curious? Pay it back?
They should be fired, not allowed to retire with their pensions.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:48 PM

1,924 posts, read 1,067,550 times
Quote:

And they keep em coming.. What do you guys think the actual penalty should be for these crooks? Curious? Pay it back?
Well first of all they should be charged with grand larceny, they need a felony on their record so they don't get hired by another police force.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Well first of all they should be charged with grand larceny, they need a felony on their record so they don't get hired by another police force.
I would hope nobody would hire them anyway, felony or no felony.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:01 AM

11,304 posts, read 5,834,479 times
Quote:

Another hero. A quick Google shows he made $161,300 in 2014. A traffic cop on the Mass Pike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or