Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 01:14 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Why do you live here if you hate everything here?
What a stupid comment. Did you read what I said in context of what the other poster said?

Why do you comment on things you don't understand? So sensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 01:20 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
What a stupid comment. Did you read what I said in context of what the other poster said?

Why do you comment on things you don't understand? So sensitive.
You've literally never said anything positive about anything in Massachusetts I don't really care but I just don't understand why you live somewhere that you seem to dislike so much.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
You've literally never said anything positive about anything in Massachusetts I don't really care but I just don't understand why you live somewhere that you seem to dislike so much.
Not my fault you ignore stuff. Can't help you bruh. But do read a bit more closely. You clearly aren't very happy in the suburbs.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Not my fault you ignore stuff. Can't help you bruh. But do read a bit more closely. You clearly aren't very happy in the suburbs.
I live closer to Govt center than you do. (Oak sq ish if I recall)

There are things Massachusetts can do better absolutely but you have never said something positive about the Commonwealth yet you choose to live here and it's baffling. Seems like you'll be happier back in Ohio

Old 08-22-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I live closer to Govt center than you do. (Oak sq ish if I recall)

There are things Massachusetts can do better absolutely but you have never said something positive about the Commonwealth yet you choose to live here and it's baffling.
Lol yes you brought up mileage from Oak Square to Govt center before, it was a rather dumb conversation, IIR, and I don't remember your point. Something about even though you were born and raised thoroughly suburban, you're more in touch with the city than I am. Anyway I actually really like Oak Square Brighton Center for living, and I've recommended it a lot on this board.

You can feel free to DM me your questions about my biography, since it weighs on your mind so much. Or just pay more attention to things in general.

Anyway, this is extremely off topic and has nothing to do with Worcester or the Sox. I don't know why you made this personal.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Bingo. I’m a life long, die hard sports fan. However I think any public financing of these projects is a farce. It’s a relatively easy PR job to convince people or otherwise.
I blame the sports franchises a lot, but at the end of the day, we have to look in the mirrors too. People don't realize, and nor do they care really, how much these millionaires and billionaires are using the public dime to do stuff they'd never do with their own money. I have lost a lot of respect for the whole industry over the years. That being said, I am still going to the Sox game tonight.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I blame the sports franchises a lot, but at the end of the day, we have to look in the mirrors too. People don't realize, and nor do they care really, how much these millionaires and billionaires are using the public dime to do stuff they'd never do with their own money. I have lost a lot of respect for the whole industry over the years. That being said, I am still going to the Sox game tonight.
You really can't blame the Sports Franchises, if I could walk into the statehouse and ask for $35M or some city/Town Hall and get $100M and get it I'd do it.

Also for what it's worth McCoy was publucslly built.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
You really can't blame the Sports Franchises, if I could walk into the statehouse and ask for $35M or some city/Town Hall and get $100M and get it I'd do it.
Well, that type of behavior is reprehensible on both side's part, but also, if only it were 35 or 100 million! Stadiums and sports teams cost way more than that over the years and from so many different directions.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:01 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Bailouts seem to be the name the game and subsidies. We might not like but that but it happens. I just heard Edible Arrangements is leaving CT for Atlanta Georgia.

What gets to me isn't so much businesses going to another region or state or county but if it's just a few miles away. The Best Buy in Kingston left for Plymouth, practically 2 miles away. Now nothing really changed for the customer but for them it must have saved it. The kingston mall later on blocked off and sealed off the entrance to make it seem like it didn't exist.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Well, that type of behavior is reprehensible on both side's part, but also, if only it were 35 or 100 million! Stadiums and sports teams cost way more than that over the years and from so many different directions.
I feel the same way about public unions (like these people) it's not their fault for asking it's the governments fault for giving in so easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts