U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 7,464 times

Advertisements

Hey guys do not move to agawam mass worst place ever crime carjacking
stay away from main st or downtown and feeding hills
Rate this post positively

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 AM

257 posts, read 1,292,051 times
Lol there are much worse places than Agawam, MA as far as crime goes. What are you pissed off cause someone carjacked you?

Old 04-03-2008, 07:06 PM

6,026 posts, read 14,790,944 times
oh come on! I can think of FAR worse places in MA (Brockton, Springfield, Fall River, just to name a few), and NONE of these places have a massive, fun filled amusement park people flock to either. car jackings happen everywhere, even in good ol' Newton

Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM

184 posts, read 635,581 times
Default No matter how bad it is...it can always be worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agawamresident View Post
Hey guys do not move to agawam mass worst place ever crime carjacking
stay away from main st or downtown and feeding hills
Preface: Yrs. ago, a lady was carjacked in Holyoke and the police chief's advice was this: "Next time, run him over" NO LIE!!! (That was PRE-Grand Theft Auto!).

Sorry to hear of your plight! However, I do agree w/those who wrote that Agawam is hardly the WORST place in Mass! That doesn't mean it's NOT bad...just not the worst! My husband, who worked in downtown Holyoke, finally left after being confronted in broad daylight several times. (Once, he had to throw hot coffee in the guy's face before he'd go away!). Even in "idyllic" (so everyone THINKS!) Sturbridge, he was jumped by a guy w/a knife and the lazy cops did NOTHING! Good thing he's 6'3" with a strong right hook!

Springfield & Worcester are just as bad as Boston. I taught in the former for 4 yrs. Would not go back for ANY AMOUNT OF $$$!!!

If you want a place as close to "crime-free" as possible, try Sunderland, in W. MA (check it out here).

And I haven't even mentioned New Bedford or Fall River yet! Sheesh...

let's face it...the world has changed and violence is NOT only on TV or in the city any more. Even in the Rinky-dink "city" in which we live, here in W. Mass. I always tell my kid to watch out when he's walking around and there have been no less than FOUR murders, just a couple streets away! It stinks!

The only safe place, IMO, is a desert island.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 PM

436 posts, read 1,468,569 times
Is this post a joke? I grew up in Feeding Hills-lived there for over 20 years and there have been rare instances of major crime. True, I would not move back there, but I wouldn't tell people to stay away because of crime. I would tell people to stay away because it is boring. I also lived in Springfield for 6 years. Now I would tell people to stay away from there because of crime.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:17 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,578,956 times
Hey, at least you have the Big E every September!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts