Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2006, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 7,726 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I have heard of the Weston Woodlands, which apparently is very good for unexperienced Mountain Bikers (Which I am). I live in Waltham, but I actually don't know where these 'Woodlands' are.

Has anyone been there and would know where it is? What are your impressions of the place if you have done the trail? And how do I get there from Waltham?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 03:09 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,911,411 times
Post mountain biking Weston town forest trails

Hi Vinay. Even though it's been a couple of months since you posted, here's some info in case you're still checking back here. I've never heard of a specific area called Weston Woodland. There is town forest land in several parts of town--north and south sides and in the middle--with an extensive network of trails. A few sections of trail have some steep grade and/or rough surface, but most trails are packed dirt with gradual slopes, and would be good for beginning-level mountain biking. Check at weston.org for the town website. From there you can get to the parks & rec department. I believe their page can tell you how to buy maps of the trail system. I believe the maps have a nominal cost, maybe a few dollars. Parks & rec should also have info on areas, if any, where biking might be prohibited.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,415,136 times
Map of Weston Conservation Lands (broken link)
http://www.westonforestrai.org (broken link)

here's some info and a map of weston conservation lands for you

Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,415,136 times
thats http://www.westonforestrail.org (broken link)

Old 08-06-2007, 01:09 PM

30 posts, read 129,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamworksSKG View Post
or even Weston Forest & Trail Association - Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts