U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:47 PM

26 posts, read 8,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheer464 View Post
I am married and looking for Indian families as a neighborhood.
A few of my co-workers from India live in Faxon Commons Apartments in Quincy, riding the red line to downtown to work. You may check that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 06:56 PM

7,988 posts, read 6,744,860 times
Windsor Gardens, Norwood?

Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 136 times
Hi Sudheer! Have you looked in Malden Center / Malden Square? There's a big Indian community.

Malden is on the MBTA subway line (Orange) and the commuter rail (Haverhill/Reading line). Malden Center apartments are 1- to 5-minute walks from the train station. They all have parking, too. Commuting to Downtown Crossing in Boston, for example, takes about 20 minutes.

Be aware, there are a lot of brand new apartments in Malden, and those are NOT the ones with Indian communities. Indian families mostly live in Pleasant Plaza (best-managed), Malden Towers (has a good private garden and a tennis court) and Malden Towers (apx. 20 stories, so good views). I think "Gateway Apts" also has many Indian residents. There are lots and lots of Indian families and some singles living in Malden Center high-rise apartments. My family lives in one of these. I love my many Indian neighbors. There are 2 Indian grocery stores and several Indian-owned small businesses, like the convenience, package, and cellphone repair shops.

Your rental budget is a bit low, though. Apartments here are about $1900/1-bed. Sometimes you can get a deal if you move in mid-winter when it's harder for the building managers to rent out vacant units. However, there are other apartments you can find in Malden that are in your budget, and I'm sure you would still be able to find the local Indian community. People are always taking walks in the evening and sitting at the park/playground. Good luck!

Old 10-20-2018, 01:26 PM

407 posts, read 129,818 times
West Natick, can walk to the West Natick commuter rail that goes to South Station. Lots of Indian families in this area.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...6_rect/15_zm/?

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...6_rect/15_zm/?

Old 10-22-2018, 01:42 PM

1,325 posts, read 680,837 times
I'm white, but you won't find an Indian community but you'll find like 10 - 15% of all communities in Metro West

Old Today, 08:56 PM

266 posts, read 844,994 times
Curious, why is it important to be in a "Indian community"? Are you just here temporary? There appears there are lots of south Asians about, isn't it possible to just social network and live wherever? It's such a melting pot in the USA and desegregation is de rigueur these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or