Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 11:17 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What really bothers me about Warren is that she is a hypocrite. We all know that she "checked the box" claiming that she was a minority to get a job at Harvard but I didn't know about this...

This morning Ed Lambert had Geoff Diehl on his radio show and a caller brought this up about Warren. She claims that she is all about the little guy and that she fights for the working class, yet in 2009 Harvard asked it's higher paid professors if they would take a pay cut to save the jobs of some service people at the college, she and the others said no and the janitors lost their jobs.

Another sticking point is that Diehl is on the campaign trail in Massachusetts and will be right up until election day and where is Warren? She is on her way to western states to campaign for others. I can't stand that she is so smug that she thinks that there is no way she can lose that she isn't even bothering to campaign. Warrens' actions are just like another Darling of the Dems that thought her run for the WH was for appearance sake before her coronation. We can only hope that Warren will be shocked come election night.

I still think Diehl has a chance and I hope for the people of Mass he wins. We deserve better than Warren.
Geoff Diehl's problem is that nobody knows who he is. People ask me "Who's Geoff Diehl?" and I tell them that he's running for the senate. You have to add "Against Elizabeth Warren" and the response is "Oh, I can't stand that woman!"

Whether or not these people even show up at the polls is another matter. Especially where there isn't much of a contest for Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 11:55 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Geoff Diehl's problem is that nobody knows who he is. People ask me "Who's Geoff Diehl?" and I tell them that he's running for the senate. You have to add "Against Elizabeth Warren" and the response is "Oh, I can't stand that woman!"

Whether or not these people even show up at the polls is another matter. Especially where there isn't much of a contest for Governor.

I often hear the same thing about Warren from both Reps and Dems. The consensus is that she is a whiny complainer that likes to fan the flames of outrage with a prepared speech.

I don't know how so many people can like her but they love her for some reason. I suspect that she will win because she is a Dem but Diehl will give her a good run.

I wonder how those that voted for her will feel when a year from now she leaves the state to campaign for the Presidency. I bet they will cheer her on.

The key to the elections as it is with any is voter turnout. If we want change we need to get out and vote.

I still have my fingers crossed for Geoff. I think Mass is ready for a new direction.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:11 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Is there a source for the Harvard thing?

It would certainly be a shock if she lost.

The source for me was from the radio show so take it with a grain of salt but I did find this where it looks like the rumor was true that in 2009 Warren along with other highly paid staff at Harvard was asked to give up some of their salary to save jobs of service staff and "NO" was the answer.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2012/1...h-warren-file/

https://elizabethwarrenwiki.org/income-and-net-worth/

I find this odd that for someone that was making so much money at the time that she refused to give some up to save jobs especially when she claims to be fighting for the little guy, the middle class..

The hypocrisy continues. Do you remember when Trump was campaigning for the WH and Warren attacked him time and time again for his greed of buying foreclosed properties and flipping them for profit during the recession? Well it turns out that she was doing the same but on a smaller scale.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...liana-johnson/

Warren might be able to deliver a fiery (prepared) speech to motivate people to outrage but in the end she is a typical career politician that lies, pivots and avoids the real answers to the big questions.

I still say that Mass. deserves better than Warren.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:24 PM

11,053 posts, read 12,452,032 times
To be honest, I am not very sympathetic to Elizabeth Warren, but I am familiar with the university personnel funding, and while I was not at Harvard in 2009 and don't really know exactly what the Law School does (the different schools can be pretty different), I can think of 100 ways in which this story would not be straight forward at all (including ways in which even if Warren and others wanted to donate a percentage of their salary, they simply would not be allowed to).

Thus, I would stick to anti-Warren rhetoric that is more focused along the lines of "she is LARPing as a national politician and doesn't give a damn about Mass" (which I think is probably more true than not, but regardless, is valid as an opinion, whereas financial stuff is very murky).

Old 11-01-2018, 12:43 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I often hear the same thing about Warren from both Reps and Dems. The consensus is that she is a whiny complainer that likes to fan the flames of outrage with a prepared speech.

I don't know how so many people can like her but they love her for some reason. I suspect that she will win because she is a Dem but Diehl will give her a good run.

I wonder how those that voted for her will feel when a year from now she leaves the state to campaign for the Presidency. I bet they will cheer her on.

The key to the elections as it is with any is voter turnout. If we want change we need to get out and vote.

I still have my fingers crossed for Geoff. I think Mass is ready for a new direction.

What I find far more disturbing and hypocritical of her, is how she made a political career out of railing against the same system in which she obscenely profited from.

But while we are at it, she is also notoriously stingy with charitable giving as well.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
As you'll see on Tuesday, the majority of Massachusetts voters believe that we deserve better than Diehl, a former "Democrat" who is now a Trump Republican because it's politically expedient.

I know many former Democrats who left the party (or more their party left them), as the party moved too far to the left. Also remember Warren voted Republican up through the 90s, I suppose that is OK though if one's views "evolve" in YOUR direction.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post

As you'll see on Tuesday, the majority of Massachusetts voters believe that we deserve better than Diehl, a former "Democrat" who is now a Trump Republican because it's politically expedient.

Can you explain that one more time please?

Old 11-01-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Of course not. This is all about smearing smart, successful women. It plays well to the angry white man demographic that is neither smart nor successful.

No more than it is about attempting to smear all non-progressives as a bunch of angry, uneducated white men.

That's the attitude that got Trump elected. As we can see here, the progressives still haven't learned their lesson and he will win again (probably by a landslide this time) in 2020.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:58 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,233,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
What I find far more disturbing and hypocritical of her, is how she made a political career out of railing against the same system in which she obscenely profited from.

But while we are at it, she is also notoriously stingy with charitable giving as well.
I haven't heard her rail against the higher education system (other then for-profit colleges, which does not include schools like Harvard). She seems to focus her efforts on "big banks".

Old 11-01-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
I haven't heard her rail against the higher education system (other then for-profit colleges, which does not include schools like Harvard). She seems to focus her efforts on "big banks".

Are you telling me she didn't profit off Wall St?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts