Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 06:23 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,113,433 times

Advertisements

Here we sit 2 years after the last election. The questions we the people voted for are still in limbo. There is no accountability from anyone. It's such a huge message "you the people" do not matter. I know Amy Schumer and Brad Pitt are telling me how important it is to rock my vote. Who cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 06:28 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
The system wont change until 'we the people' wake up and realize that the us vs them mentality is a shell game being played by the politicians. However, it is an us vs them game but the us is 'we the people' and the them is the Politicians. The politicians lie to us, scare us, cheat us, deny us, steal from us, and yet we vote the same cronies in year after year. Its not a red/blue thing, its not a left/right thing, its not a Republican/Democrat thing... its an Average Joe/Politician thing.. WAKE UP!

Old 11-06-2018, 06:52 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,467,369 times
I firmly believe all politicians are basically the same. None of them give a fat rat's behind about the average person. That being said I am definitely voting mainly because of question 3. It is very important to me that Massachusetts sends a message that everyone deserves equality. I am was so sick over the fearmongering I saw going on in other states over this.

As a friend of mine always says "If you don't vote you can't bi@ch!"

Old 11-06-2018, 07:01 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
I always vote and then get bi@ched at because of how i vote!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I firmly believe all politicians are basically the same. None of them give a fat rat's behind about the average person. That being said I am definitely voting mainly because of question 3. It is very important to me that Massachusetts sends a message that everyone deserves equality. I am was so sick over the fearmongering I saw going on in other states over this.

As a friend of mine always says "If you don't vote you can't bi@ch!"
I have felt strongly on questions before. They are still flim flamming on them 2 years later. nobody is held accountable. Charlie baker is sooo nice and he seems like such a great guy...blah blah do your job. you are for the people, when the people tell you what to do...do it

Old 11-06-2018, 07:34 AM

21,626 posts, read 12,710,234 times
Voting doesn’t matter in MA like GeePee. Said. These politicians do what they want when they want. It’s actually not like that in other states but I had to move before I inderstood. People in Ma ride the MA is the best wave no matter what happens which is why none of the politicians are held accountable. The people in the state are so cocky they won’t admit they vote in the wrong people. Look at Lawrence’s last mayoral race, Look at Fall Rivers mayor look at Marty Walsh (hiring Henriquez) hell look at our governor.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 11-06-2018 at 07:45 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 07:39 AM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Charlie baker is sooo nice and he seems like such a great guy...blah blah do your job. you are for the people, when the people tell you what to do...do it
NO, no, NO. We elect a governor to LEAD. It's great that he is a "nice guy" and all, but the man lacks back bone. Time to show him the door.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
NO, no, NO. We elect a governor to LEAD. It's great that he is a "nice guy" and all, but the man lacks back bone. Time to show him the door.
Thats exactly what I'm saying. Hes terrible at his job. So was everyone prior to him in my lifetime.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:51 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,135,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
His job is to govern and MA has doing pretty well (in the context of the greater country) with our 'soft' leadership from technocrats like Patrick and Baker.

Jay Gonzales lacks the moderation which appeals to greater MA and Scott Lively should be institutionalized ... so tell me, who are the more capable managers?

Old 11-06-2018, 08:02 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,430,954 times
I did vote this morning, but no, it doesn't matter at all. It's just become the modern secular sacrament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts