Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:01 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Why can't we have one bathroom that is non-gendered and one for women? Those who identify as women - that day or always - can use the women's room. Women's rooms are usually cleaner. Mixed gender bathrooms are always a bit dirtier.
I don't know, my gf would likely disagree with this characterization. She has told me some disgusting things.

Women I've lived with have also been exceedingly messy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:14 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I don't know, my gf would likely disagree with this characterization. She has told me some disgusting things.

Women I've lived with have also been exceedingly messy people.
Even my husband says men's rooms are gross. They also have open urinals which smell.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:19 PM

2,365 posts, read 1,850,107 times
The vast majority of public restrooms are disgusting including the unisex single occupant variety.

Maybe it's not men or women who are disgusting but the things you go in there to do...

Nah.

Women's room is worse for sure. All that blood and stuff

Old 11-08-2018, 04:22 PM

187 posts, read 217,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is interesting that MA voters decided to enforce the almost slave like environment imposed on med/surge nurses in MA hospitals lately, refusing to restrict, or limit the amount of patients these nurses have to provide care for. With many MA hospitals, it is currently almost impossible for many nurses to get all of their work done now as it is within an eight hour shift, often requiring nurses to work 12 hour shifts just to catch up on paper work.

Current transgendered laws allow for the privilege, of not just people who have undergone hormone replacement therapy, or sexual reassignment surgery to use the rest room or locker room of their choice, but ANYONE who claims to be transgendered, even temporarily, regardless of hormone therapy, or any other gender surgery they may have had, for that matter. If people are delusional about their birth gender, why is that its OK for the other 99.6% of the population to be compromised, and have their dignity sacrificed over someone else's severe mental illness?
Hospitals wouldn't be able to afford nursing have so few patients! Sone would have probably closed due to cost! Massachusetts has good doctors..I didn't feel like living in the south where people have poor hospital coverage, driving an hour + to a decent hospital. It's one of the reasons Massachusetts ranks pretty high among states, people live longer here and have access to doctors.

Not sure about the trangsgender vote, I agree with you and vetoed the way you did!

Old 11-08-2018, 04:26 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Don't paint all nurses with the same brush. Are there some floors where they're over worked? Of course. But there are also other floors where they have a very light load. The union wanted to use a one size fits all approach and the ballot measure was poorly written. Hence why it was defeated in a run away landslide.
I'm not, and that is why the question was poorly conceived and I would not have voted Yes on it. There definitely is a problem at some hospitals though, that does need to be addressed (just not in that way).

Old 11-08-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Why can't we have one bathroom that is non-gendered and one for women? Those who identify as women - that day or always - can use the women's room. Women's rooms are usually cleaner. Mixed gender bathrooms are always a bit dirtier.
Or why couldn't we just maintain the status quo. People enter the restroom of the gender they identify with, no questions asked. End of story. There wasn't an issue until people turned it into one, now we have opened up a HUGE can of worms to contend with.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:44 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,230,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Or why couldn't we just maintain the status quo. People enter the restroom of the gender they identify with, no questions asked. End of story. There wasn't an issue until people turned it into one, now we have opened up a HUGE can of worms to contend with.
Meaning the bigots that put question 3 on the ballot.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is interesting that MA voters decided to enforce the almost slave like environment imposed on med/surge nurses in MA hospitals lately, refusing to restrict, or limit the amount of patients these nurses have to provide care for. With many MA hospitals, it is currently almost impossible for many nurses to get all of their work done now as it is within an eight hour shift, often requiring nurses to work 12 hour shifts just to catch up on paper work.

Current transgendered laws allow for the privilege, of not just people who have undergone hormone replacement therapy, or sexual reassignment surgery to use the rest room or locker room of their choice, but ANYONE who claims to be transgendered, even temporarily, regardless of hormone therapy, or any other gender surgery they may have had, for that matter. If people are delusional about their birth gender, why is that its OK for the other 99.6% of the population to be compromised, and have their dignity sacrificed over someone else's severe mental illness?
Progressive does not always = good. With the amount of people in the job market, they can treat them as slaves.

Trans people's rights come over all other. Sorry, but that is the way of the dems. Dems don;t look at trans people as mentally ill. If you say so, then you are a transphobe or homophobe.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Meaning the bigots that put question 3 on the ballot.
You're just proving my point man.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Dems don;t look at trans people as mentally ill. .

I certainly hope no one is so ignorant to believe this is automatically the case no mater their party affiliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts