Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 05:04 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,648,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It really is crazy how long this has taken. I believe they are dragging their heels because despite the tax windfall they are hoping for they don't really want pot to be legal.

It is ridiculous that the People can vote for recreational marijuana and it has taken this long to implement and there is very little pushback yet Maura Healey can take it upon herself to reinstate the "assault weapons" ban with a signature and have that enacted in one month and she is a hero?

We need a test that the Police can administer to a distracted driver they pulled over and suspect of being high. Maybe the test should be the officer holds up a banana in one hand and a bag of cheetos in the other and see which the suspect grabs. If the driver already has orange fingers they should be arrested..

Seriously I hope all those people lining up to buy their fix can use it responsibly and remember that Domino's delivers.
Did you expect politicians to be rational or consistent. I have yet to see it happen. They pick and choose what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 09:02 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
There are so many more important issues to deal with. Than Pot. Its sad but doesn't anyone see that or care. Why not a big push so people can afford a place to live, or medical care. So they can get prescriptions at an actual affordable price. Why does anyplace push for Pot, beyond more doped up citizens. I guess the obvious answer is, legalizing pot is the easiest to deal with.

When I was in the military I was surrounded by doped up guys stoned on Pot. They were slow acting and always seemed paranoid and sedated. I was always afraid of getting hurt, because of their slowed down reflexes. Even more afraid to report them, for fear of retaliation.
I'm sorry I don't get why people want to be around these types. Mainly I don't get why a state thinks this a great thing to do. I'm sorry I don't get it.

Mass has sure changed since I lived there. I'm ok with people doing what they want at home including pot. However this is just condoning, a way for more people doped up on the road. Or on all facets of life from work to whatever.

Good Luck
Florida's just a couple years behind.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:34 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,231,987 times
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/11/...-shop-traffic/

In the worlds most predictable news, traffic problems in Leicester due to having one of only two recreational pot shops in the state.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:41 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Out of touch politicians do not understand that pot is smoked by ALOT OF PEOPLE. They said they thought the initial rush would dissipate and this will be for a longer duration than anticipated. Of course it’s not going to dissipate there probably at least 500,000 regular marijuana smokers in Mass (1 out of every 9-10 adults) let alone the occasional smoker. There should have never been 2 “shops” allowed for this reason-let alone the monopoly aspect. These places would have had to been full blown wholesalers for this to make a modicum of common sense. I told someone from NYC we had 2 stores open and they put down their food and laughed followed with the obligatory “Boston is so corny” and he may have a point.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:53 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Out of touch politicians do not understand that pot is smoked by ALOT OF PEOPLE. They said they thought the initial rush would dissipate and this will be for a longer duration than anticipated. Of course it’s not going to dissipate there probably at least 500,000 regular marijuana smokers in Mass (1 out of every 9-10 adults) let alone the occasional smoker. There should have never been 2 “shops” allowed for this reason-let alone the monopoly aspect. These places would have had to been full blown wholesalers for this to make a modicum of common sense. I told someone from NYC we had 2 stores open and they put down their food and laughed followed with the obligatory “Boston is so corny” and he may have a point.

You really think it is that low???

Old 11-26-2018, 10:02 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Is anyone tallying up approved stores and scheduled openings in a thread somewhere?

Old 11-26-2018, 12:04 PM

9,877 posts, read 7,204,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Is anyone tallying up approved stores and scheduled openings in a thread somewhere?
3 shops are expected to open by the end of the year:

Wareham
Salem
Easthampton.

23 other shops have provisional licenses and are awaiting full vetting.

192 total licenses have been applied for.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You really think it is that low???
Lol of course not! I’m once again playing to the disbelievers/anti pot posters and those who think the CCC is just being ‘diligent’

In reality it’s likely twice as high but pols don’t want to believe that because it makes them look even more wrong.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
3 shops are expected to open by the end of the year:

Wareham
Salem
Easthampton.

23 other shops have provisional licenses and are awaiting full vetting.

192 total licenses have been applied for.
Those 23 other shops will easily, and I mean really do mean easily, take over a year. You can get weed and edible delivered to you right now in Boston Via various Instagram accounts. I was in Boston for thanksgiving this weekend and friends told me all about it.i looked at some of the pages They’ve got the nice sexy packaging/labeling and are cheaper than at NETA/Cultivate

Old 11-27-2018, 08:02 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
The Cape is still struggling with this. It seems we have many residents that are pot shop positive but no one wants it in their backyard. For example the town of Orleans might disregard the tax windfall that others are hoping for by barring anything pot related from their town. Brewster is thinking about opening 2 outlets plus a place where pot is grown but they are facing a backlash of NIMBYism.

I'm sure eventually shops will open all over the Cape and we will have to deal with the fallout then.

What type of image does a town promote if a pot shop opens within its borders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts