Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 04:48 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times

Advertisements

Easthampton should be opening in three weeks. Springfield has a fair amount that may. There's one around the corner from me that could be interesting. Meeting about it on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,230,657 times
https://mass-cannabis-control.com/wp...-Map_web-1.pdf

Here's all of the locations within MA that have submitted all required documents by county.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:11 PM

405 posts, read 256,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I do believe in medical marijuana but having it available to the average person I believe it will be abused.

It's available to the average person and has been for my 62 years alive. It's the biggest grossing agricultural product in the country. All that without television advertising, shelf space in stores, trucks with logos - just passed one small guy to the next.

You would be surprised at who is using and growing it. There are 3 grow operations within a mile from me (that I know of), including a retired cop and a major contractor. You think it's just hippies? LOL. Us people in our 60s grew up with it, and now that we are free to do as we please, over 65 smokers are the largest increasing demographic. Personally, I've worked since I was 16, paid every tax required, never seen the inside of a courtroom, don't drink or gamble, am 100% debt free, and if I decide to run up to Northampton to make a token purchase and relax for the weekend, I won't be canvassing anyone for their opinions.

The time for debate is over. It's been discussed ad-nauseum forever - it's happened, and just like all the sky-is-falling issues, it won't have a dang effect on anyone who chooses not to partake.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:29 PM

636 posts, read 705,368 times
Stoughton is up to 5 young people dying in marijuana-related crashes since May,2018.
4 in May. 1 this month, Nov.
Amherst police arrested a marijuana OUI driver on Nov 11,2018, at 1:22am on N. Pleasant Street. No innocent people in another vehicle happen to be driving in the opposite lane the driver crossed over into after running a red light.

Other than that, legal marijuana is doing fine in Massachusetts with no issues.

Last edited by wror; 11-20-2018 at 06:25 PM..

Old 11-20-2018, 05:51 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Stoughton is up to 5 young people dying in marijuana-related crashes since May,2018.
4 in May. 1 this month, Nov.
Amherst arrested a marijuana OUI driver on Nov 11,2018, at 1:22am on N. Pleasant Street. No innocent people in another vehicle happen to be driving in the opposite lane the driver crossed over into after running a red light.

Other than that, legal marijuana is doing fine in Massachusetts with no issues.
That's the only concern I have. Driving while intoxicated. I was one of those people who smoked the stuff back in the 60s. Usually we smoked at home at night but one time we smoked during the day and then went somewhere in the car. We thought it had worn off but it seemed to come back. Fortunately I was on a side street and just pulled over until I was okay to drive again.

It doesn't just make you drive more slowly and feel paranoid as some say. It makes you high and you don't know what you're doing. That's great when you're at home. Not great when you're driving a car.

Other than that, legalizing it is a very good thing for many reasons.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:36 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
To be clear, I'm not referring to any store in particular.

Don't most cash businesses under-report?
This is a highly regulated market unlike other cash businesses. IMHO under reporting sales would be stupid of these dealers.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:29 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
This is the first I’ve seen someone on my Facebook post about the new legalization, its was a friend sharing one of those semi-viral posts. It was a picture of the menus for NETA and Cultivate and captioned “I don’t wanna hear y’all complaining about prices no more #massrec #legalweed”

most of the comments are laughing at the prices. One person from California mentioned how you can get a gram of top shelf for $5 in California as opposed to $19 at NETA in Northampton. People can get the same potency on the street anywhere there’s medical marijuana. The difference is medical is tested for safety and there’s no possibility of Schlage. But if you think Mexican brick weed cost $25 an 1/8th I gotta bridge to sell you. You can get a half of brick weed for that (if you can even find bad weed let alone ‘buck weed’ in 2018) so for most people it doesn’t make sense to go to a dispensary until they undercut street prices which will probably take 2/3 years in MA. 2 stores is just crazy.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 11-20-2018 at 07:38 PM..

Old 11-20-2018, 08:01 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post

Citation please. Not marijuana in the blood stream (i.e. sitting there days or weeks or a month), but it being a causal factor.

Its hard for me to gather people hitting stores for straight weed, but gummies/edibles or something for a party, well maybe. Cooking that stuff down and baking stuff etc was always just a PITA.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:13 PM

405 posts, read 256,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Citation please. Not marijuana in the blood stream (i.e. sitting there days or weeks or a month), but it being a causal factor.

Do the people talking about smoking and driving realize that pot isn't a brand new fad that just came into the state since it was legalized? That tens of millions of people smoke it on a regular basis - legal or not? The people buying in shops are not brand new users. Their use habits are going to be the same as yesterday, before the grand openings. Many, many people smoked and drove (as I did when I was young) just as 90% of people leaving bars are legally drunk, and everyone who has had 2 beers at Fenway, or at weddings and back yard BBQs. You don't have to have an open container in the car to be drunk. People will drink and drive and smoke and drive just as they always have. Nothing new here.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:29 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,230,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
This is the first I’ve seen someone on my Facebook post about the new legalization, its was a friend sharing one of those semi-viral posts. It was a picture of the menus for NETA and Cultivate and captioned “I don’t wanna hear y’all complaining about prices no more #massrec #legalweed”

most of the comments are laughing at the prices. One person from California mentioned how you can get a gram of top shelf for $5 in California as opposed to $19 at NETA in Northampton. People can get the same potency on the street anywhere there’s medical marijuana. The difference is medical is tested for safety and there’s no possibility of Schlage. But if you think Mexican brick weed cost $25 an 1/8th I gotta bridge to sell you. You can get a half of brick weed for that (if you can even find bad weed let alone ‘buck weed’ in 2018) so for most people it doesn’t make sense to go to a dispensary until they undercut street prices which will probably take 2/3 years in MA. 2 stores is just crazy.
NETA and Cultivate aren't stupid. They have basically no competition and lines out the door no matter what outrageous price they charge. I'd expect prices to go down once more shops open up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts