U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 10:25 AM

652 posts, read 567,517 times

Advertisements

Don't fixate exclusively on the big name software companies. In addition there are hundreds of smaller tech startups in the Boston area that have to offer huge salaries, great benefits and equity plays as well to keep people from fleeing to san fran.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 01:09 PM

2,194 posts, read 5,925,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
People travel from all around just to eat at the Natick Mall food court!
I thought people who live in the northern part of MA would more likely go to NH for tax free shopping. Maybe Natick mall food court is that good

Old 11-28-2018, 01:49 PM

8,369 posts, read 12,660,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
I thought people who live in the northern part of MA would more likely go to NH for tax free shopping. Maybe Natick mall food court is that good
Maybe she only bought clothes so there wouldn't be any difference. Still seems like a long way for her but it sure paid off.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:57 PM

71 posts, read 101,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
Spending 850 will likely work out just fine. Inflation will wear away at the mortgage balance and in 10 years you’ll look back and the difference between 700 and 850 will seem like peanuts. You’ll be glad you got the better house.

Agreed - stretch a bit now and don't lease that shiny new car

Old 02-05-2019, 09:20 AM

317 posts, read 342,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Needham was always a desirable town, Natick - not so much until very recently. That's why you are seeing such an increase in the price of homes there.
This is a key point, and exactly why I believe Natick has been (and still has room to be) one of the faster-appreciating towns.

It's surrounded by the W's, Needham, Dover, etc., yet has only more recently become desirable in the sense that it ticks a lot of the boxes that make it comparable to these other areas. While it's never going to become more expensive than these surrounding towns, the disparity was significant and it stuck out as having a lot of room to increase in value and 'normalize' to the surrounding areas.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:06 AM

16 posts, read 10,948 times
Is natick more desirable than burlington ma? I guess no commuter rail at Burlington and think natick has better schools ? Thanks

Old 04-19-2019, 07:04 AM

5,974 posts, read 3,375,964 times
No no no - delete, delete, delete. We're trying not to encourage him.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:07 AM

601 posts, read 342,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS5457 View Post
Is natick more desirable than burlington ma? I guess no commuter rail at Burlington and think natick has better schools ? Thanks
Burlington vs natick. That’s a very close call. I’d say they are equivalent in terms of desirability. They each have their own advantages. Natick has the 2 commuter rail stops, a better town center, and a more central location offering huge commute opportunities from 495, 128, 90, Boston via commuter rail. Burlington is a few miles closer to Boston as the crow flies and also has quicker access to 95. Burlington is a little more optimized for 128 commutes.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:28 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,853,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
Burlington vs natick. That’s a very close call. I’d say they are equivalent in terms of desirability. They each have their own advantages. Natick has the 2 commuter rail stops, a better town center, and a more central location offering huge commute opportunities from 495, 128, 90, Boston via commuter rail. Burlington is a few miles closer to Boston as the crow flies and also has quicker access to 95. Burlington is a little more optimized for 128 commutes.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
This is the truth. I would pick Natick over Burlington if I was working in the city, and Burlington if I was working along 95.

Schools are probably pretty close at this point.. As more affluence pours in to each, those test scores will continue to increase, and you'll see both climb higher in comparative lists.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:16 PM
r_p

68 posts, read 41,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS5457 View Post
Desirability is subjective.

Natick, however, is surrounded by some of the richest ZIP codes in the entire country. Weston (11th), Wellesley (32nd), Dover (55th), Sherborn (96th) all make it to Bloomberg's 2019 top 100 list. See https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hest-zip-codes (scroll down for the actual list).

Commute to Boston (Back Bay/South Station) is significantly better than Burlington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts