Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 02:34 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
She whines a lot. She hates Trump. and is a D

Sadly thats enough these days in Massachusetts
Meanwhile, Diehl showed some real political chops by switching parties and saying nice things about Trump. He also supported the local economy by sticking flyers under windshield wipers and leaving municipal employees to clean up the litter. I was sorely disappointed when he lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
This drumbeat against Warren is irrational and anti-woman.
If you need to go there, you've already lost the argument.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:30 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I am shocked at how much we let men get away with when they run for office, or even if office. That Trump could be elected President of the US is a shock that we have still not recovered from.

This drumbeat against Warren is irrational and anti-woman. Women have voices that are higher pitched. You just have to start getting used to it because they are here to stay in public life. Listen to what they say instead of how they are saying it. And observe what they accomplish rather than what they claim. Listen to what their values are, whether it is something that sits well for you.

People voted for Trump INSPITE of the horrible thingds that came out of his mouth and the values he espoused.
100% correct. Women are held to a higher standard in every facet of life. Nobody would give a fig if Trump and company listed Native on a form. Nobody gave a fig that he was selling fake university forms for that matter.

With that said- while I would prefer her any day over Cheeto, or really anyone over cheeto, she's getting a taste of her own medicine. She promoted quite a bit of the false, idiotic, sexist narrative against Hillary and now she's getting some of that.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:28 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If you need to go there, you've already lost the argument.
Yep, hilarious but also pathetic. The level of dialogue in this country is unreal.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Yep, hilarious but also pathetic. The level of dialogue in this country is unreal.
To be unaware of the impact of sexism in this country is the height of privilege. It shouldn’t, but it shocks me.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
To be unaware of the impact of sexism in this country is the height of privilege. It shouldn’t, but it shocks me.
It shouldn't shock me to read such asinine bs on city data anymore, but it does.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:11 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
What do you mean by “spirit”?

I think she’s a horrible public speaker. Remember Marjorie Clapprood in the Massachusetts House in the 1980s? That shrill nasal “Mister Speaker” she’d use as a preamble to anything she said on the floor. It hurts my ears.

The political damage from Pocahontas won’t ever go away. The perfect Angry White Man lever. A smart woman who played a race card to her advantage. It doesn’t matter whether it was actually an advantage or not. It’s the perception and the Angry White Man belief that minorities get an unfair advantage due to affirmative action. Personally, I figure it’s just an honest mistake based on her family lore and she got no benefit from it. She had distant Indian blood like lots of old Oklahoma families. It’s not like she ever did the genealogy research to see how many generations ago that was.
Spirit may be a bad word, but it's akin to listening to her speak and as you say, she's horrible at it. She hurts your ears, she hurts my eyes.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:20 AM

3,214 posts, read 2,120,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Spirit may be a bad word, but it's akin to listening to her speak and as you say, she's horrible at it. She hurts your ears, she hurts my eyes.
Maybe you just hate women????
see what I did there?
In all seriousness. She has a screechy whiny voice, and I can't stand it when she speaks. I also hate when Baker speaks.

Guess I just hate Humans?

Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Maybe you just hate women????
see what I did there?
In all seriousness. She has a screechy whiny voice, and I can't stand it when she speaks. I also hate when Baker speaks.

Guess I just hate Humans?
I don’t care for Warren’s voice either, but I do think there is sexism involved and how we view women’s voices. With that said, trump sounds like he is wearing nose plugs and has his head stuffed into a plastic bag when he is speaking. So it does go both ways even if the consequences do not.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:57 AM

3,214 posts, read 2,120,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I don’t care for Warren’s voice either, but I do think there is sexism involved and how we view women’s voices. With that said, trump sounds like he is wearing nose plugs and has his head stuffed into a plastic bag when he is speaking. So it does go both ways even if the consequences do not.
Look. I'm not a fan of trumps voice either. I liked how Obama spoke, wasn't a huge fan of a lot of his policy. Hillary was a well spoken woman, But even less relatable to me than EW.

Have you ever thought that maybe people just don't like her as a person? I hated Deval Patrick, and the lazy thing to do is to say because he is black?

Lets look at the Boston police commissioner William Gross, a black man who I think is fabulously spoken, and very relatable. William Evans who he replaced was a very weird speaker, Not a bad commissioner.

Ayanna Pressley just took the house, She is a black woman who I think is amazing. speaks well. represents a lot of my interests.

Let's not be lazy and accuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts