Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 09:05 AM

622 posts, read 563,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
How is that any of your business? You're so worried about my "sketchiness" while you have failed to refute any of the arguments made about communities that are unevenly impacted during downturns.

I have investor colleagues who brought singles, multis in places like Chlesea, Revere, and Lynn in the 2008-2012 period for dirt cheap, rented them out during the down period, starting fixing and selling their holdings 2016 to now. They have been making killer returns selling to buyers who have been priced out of their target neighborhoods yet still looking to buy property. I have looked at the same Warren Group/Corelogic data that they have and it has been supported over the last 3 recessionary cycles. That's not my investing model but hey after reading some of the responses on this thread, I can't really knock them for giving what people want.
Given how defensive you are getting it is giving the impression that you bought in the section 8 slums.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:19 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,953,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
Given how defensive you are getting it is giving the impression that you bought in the section 8 slums.
Where are there section 8 slums within 02138? I'd love to know because I'll buy more properties in those slums. Your knowledge of Harvard Square/Cambridge is clearly non-existent. Also, are you denying equity appreciation in Harvard Square including these non-existent slums that you speak of?

In real estate, the general long run price trajectory may be upwards, however in the short run, there are peaks and valleys. Most sophisticated real estate investors heavily rely on data analytics and identify general trends, which is why anticipating downturns and financially preparing for them is critical. I was attempting bring some of those insights to this thread, however if you want to remain ignorant and stubborn about then by all means continue..

Last edited by New Englander; 05-09-2019 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-09-2019, 11:20 AM

622 posts, read 563,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Where are there section 8 slums within 02138? I'd love to know because I'll buy more properties in those slums. Your knowledge of Harvard Square/Cambridge is clearly non-existent. Also, are you denying equity appreciation in Harvard Square including these non-existent slums that you speak of?

In real estate, the general long run price trajectory may be upwards, however in the short run, there are peaks and valleys. Most sophisticated real estate investors heavily rely on data analytics and identify general trends, which is why anticipating downturns and financially preparing for them is critical. I was attempting bring some of those insights to this thread, however if you want to remain ignorant and stubborn about then by all means continue..
What towns do you think will get hit during this next real estate downturn?

Old 05-09-2019, 02:43 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,135,852 times
Quote:
Recent buyers in Medford should just buy rope now ...

Old 05-09-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question: Where are there section 8 slums within 02138? If you have moved to the area from out of state then you need to keep your mouth shut. If you are a native then shame on you for not knowing Harvard Sq. Either way you lose by exposing your ignorance.

At this point in time, there is no such thing as a Section 8 slum in Cambridge. First off, Section 8 tenants can live anywhere where landlords are willing to accept their vouchers. Secondly, I am going take your ignorance further and say that you are probably thinking of housing projects, in that case, they are dispersed throughout the City of Cambridge and have not deterred home-buyers from buying in those neighborhoods or even across the street from these CHA developments.

Even formerly gritty neighborhoods of Cambridge such as Central Sq., The Port have been thoroughly gentrified. If the housing stock looks older it doesn't mean that that values are depressed. You clearly have no clue about Cambridge and probably drive through the neighborhoods and form crappy snap judgements based off of that. Hopefully I have schooled you enough to avoid making comments about the "Section 8 Slums of Harvard Square/Cambridge/02138."

Last edited by New Englander; 05-09-2019 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
In addition, your reading comprehension skills are lacking as I have already provided parameters for the types of towns that are impacted and even given some examples of a few representative towns.

No one has a crystal ball with respect to when a recession may occur, however real estate is local and supply/demand driven. Sure, you can say that data driven real estate investors and home buyers may miss the peak/valley of an economic downturn, however their real estate holdings will not be underwater either.

Last edited by New Englander; 05-09-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts