U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,038 times

Advertisements

Hello, we will be looking for a home soon in Agawam MA. We know feeding hills is a nice area. Any other established neighborhoods that have sidewalks, family friendly, walkable,Nice vibe. We will be looking for average size house 1200 sq and have a realtor. Thank you so much we heard it is a great town we do live in Western MA.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 05:09 AM

26,026 posts, read 26,090,655 times
Since no one has answered you, I will just say that having lived most of my life in WMass, I always heard that Feeding Hills was nice. I had never been in Agawam though. Lately I've been going there to visit a relative in a nursing home and there is at least one nice area near where she is. The zip is 01030 which comes out as Feeding Hills.

There's not much there except a library and a little pub with excellent food. I wouldn't mind living there. As for the rest of the town, I don't know much about it. It's not as beautiful as Southwick. It's more residential than rural.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:30 AM

79 posts, read 384,076 times
I’m originally from Agawam, (Feeding Hills area), and I would say any of the subdivisions along and off of River Road are nice with lots of sidewalks and a bike path along the river, and Borgatti Park. Six Flags is within walking distance if you are on the southern end.
There’s also nice neighborhoods off of North Street which are near Robinson State Park.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:26 AM

7,738 posts, read 6,965,096 times
The only thing I'd keep in mind is that CT might put tolls on I-91. If that happens the traffic might reroute to RT 5. So anyone living in mass and going to work in CT is going to switch to the agawam/west springfield side with rt 5 vs 91. Then add in the big e and that might get complicated. Otherwise they end up at the split at forest park...which might create more traffic with bright nights exit there as well.

Long story short anything by rt 5 is going to have more traffic once they put the tolls in but other than that it's fine.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:49 PM

23,346 posts, read 15,129,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
The only thing I'd keep in mind is that CT might put tolls on I-91. If that happens the traffic might reroute to RT 5. So anyone living in mass and going to work in CT is going to switch to the agawam/west springfield side with rt 5 vs 91. Then add in the big e and that might get complicated. Otherwise they end up at the split at forest park...which might create more traffic with bright nights exit there as well.

Long story short anything by rt 5 is going to have more traffic once they put the tolls in but other than that it's fine.
We get diverted to secondary roads west of BDL through Agawam occasionally on peak Friday afternoon ski weekends and leaf peeper month when 91 is a parking lot. Nobody is going to do that as their daily commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts