Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 07:13 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times

Advertisements

Per Boston Globe 3-13-2020: "Mass. health officials release new coronavirus numbers; now 123 total cases, up 15 from Thursday".

Of the 123, "Biogen employees/contacts" account for 94, "travel related" 5, "Berkshire Medical Center/contacts" 8, and 16 "Under investigation". This suggests that the disease isn't running wild among the population generally. That could change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 07:18 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Saw on Twitter that a child who got an autograph from Rudy Gobert from the Jazz-Celtics game last Friday has tested positive. Unclear if that's how Gobert got the virus.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:35 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Saw on Twitter that a child who got an autograph from Rudy Gobert from the Jazz-Celtics game last Friday has tested positive. Unclear if that's how Gobert got the virus.
3 of the new cases in RI are kids, and one of them is the kid you mentioned that got an autograph from Rudy Gobert (one of the Utah Jazz players that tested positive) at the Boston Celtics game.

Gobert is the guy who was mocking coronavirus and went around purposefully touching everything at a press conference.

I'd bet the kid got it from Gobert, not the other way around.

https://twitter.com/Davefox2/status/1237906382193438720

Old 03-13-2020, 08:34 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
My family member was just tested tonight for it. 48 hours to get results. In the meantime everyone who was in recent contact has been sitting around in the house twiddling thumbs for a day now. We haven’t been in contact with them for 7 days and so far so good here. I actually feel the test will be Neg. As for the process of getting tested....holy ****. They need to fix this system ASAP.

We have about 1.5-2 months of supplies, so not too worried about us. I can also work from home.

I feel bad for he parents scrambling now to find care for their kids who are home for 2-6 weeks. Some are first responders. Hard to get someone to watch you kids when they may be exposed regularly to CV from the parent. So many unknowns with what’s about to come.

My sister is a nurse in Boston. She’s been updating us on what’s been going on. Urgency is an understatement. Good luck to you and your families in the coming weeks/months

Old 03-13-2020, 09:26 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
As for the process of getting tested....holy ****. They need to fix this system ASAP
In the near future, there will be drive-thru testing in parking lots (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, and CVS). That's what Trump said today.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
In the near future, there will be drive-thru testing in parking lots (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, and CVS). That's what Trump said today.
That's a seriously bad idea.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:28 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
That's a seriously bad idea.

Why do you say that?

S korea has been using that model for a couple weeks and it’s credited for the reason they have been able to do so many tests

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-fast-and-free

Old 03-14-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Why do you say that?

S korea has been using that model for a couple weeks and it’s credited for the reason they have been able to do so many tests

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-fast-and-free
People are going to go into the stores after being tested. They'll probably infect the employees. The last thing you want right now is a place that sells food and medicine to be shut down.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:37 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
People are going to go into the stores after being tested. They'll probably infect the employees. The last thing you want right now is a place that sells food and medicine to be shut down.
People go into the stores anyway.

Old 03-14-2020, 06:02 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
My family member was just tested tonight for it. 48 hours to get results. In the meantime everyone who was in recent contact has been sitting around in the house twiddling thumbs for a day now. We haven’t been in contact with them for 7 days and so far so good here. I actually feel the test will be Neg. As for the process of getting tested....holy ****. They need to fix this system ASAP.
I don't really understand the testing. They will only do it if you have symptoms. Well if you have symptoms just self quarantine. It is great to know that you have it but in the end if they won't test people unless they have symptoms to me it doesn't make too much difference.

Personally I think we will flatten the curve. The stats say we still have only 10 people critical. If people over 60 take it seriously and isolate that will be 1/2 the battle.

I am not really sure of the end game on this though. Can we really get rid of the virus totally? Say we all start emerging in April and this all starts up again from one or two people who are carriers. What if we allow travel again and one or two countries aren't as diligent as we are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts