Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2020, 03:31 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times

Advertisements

I don’t mind the idea of it. It’s the logistical planning of getting 3 young boys there that lessens my enthusiasm.

But right now, they are losing interest in local parks like Storyland and Santas village, so we haven’t really pressed the idea of Disney. Also, they’ve watched a total of maybe 2 Disney movies in their lifetime. I’ve tried.

They like lakes, boating and Sandbars. So do I. Not going to Disney really isn’t an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 03:43 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
So...this is interesting.

My MIL who was in the ICU for 9 days back in March Covid? She has it again.

So far, much milder, but emotions are now running high again. Merry Xmas.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! I hope this is a much less severe bout. Thank you so much for sharing her experiences throughout the months.

I hope my brother is being careful, he still suffers from many post-covid issues, it would be terrible if he got it again.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:56 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
What surprised me about Disney was the number of couples i saw with a newborn. Like no other kids, just the newborn. I was like, you had to come to Disney that badly?? There are some fanatics out there i guess.

Yeah that's just crazy.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:04 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
I remember taking my kids to DW about 30 years ago. By 3pm I wanted to one of them out of their strollers so I could get in.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:08 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
To be honest my kids favorite part was the pool. We were like, hmm ok I guess we need to just to go hotel with a pool. My daughter also wanted to be carried the whole time and she was a big 2/3 year old who wanted to nurse every time I sat down. Yet I still had fun.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:07 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
To be honest my kids favorite part was the pool. .

Same here. We spent more time in the pool vs whatever activity we went to. Last year the kids actually requested various hotels that had good pools.

We stayed here back in Jan for one kids bday. They had a blast. Been waiting to go back.

https://www.reservations.com/hotel/c...gaAtQxEALw_wcB

Must be a slow Covid news day.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:59 PM

943 posts, read 409,843 times
Can't wait to start travelling again! Not so sure about Disney...how is it different from something like Six Flags (which does have a really nice water park)?
The news and twitter are full of first responders getting the vaccine. I am thrilled for them, as nobody should have to risk death to save other people's lives. I do wish they'd put an emphasis on the fact that at current covid rates the arrival of the vaccine will be too late for many.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:01 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
I do wish they'd put an emphasis on the fact that at current covid rates the arrival of the vaccine will be too late for many.
What is that going to change? Just more doom and gloom to feed the beast?

Old 12-15-2020, 06:09 PM

943 posts, read 409,843 times
Well - with how the arrival of the vaccine is celebrated, many may be under the false impression that covid is under control and decrease their (already very subdued) precautionary measures.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:18 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
I like Disney, but not at the exclusion of actually going somewhere. There's always the tradeoff that if I go to Disney, I'm not spending (loads of) money or time to go elsewhere, so I haven't been in almost a decade. We went once when I was a kid, but it was a simpler time and my parents just gave me a mouse-ear shaped ice cream and sat me on a sidewalk when they went on rides that scared me (which was basically anything loud and dark). Now, that would be a different trip altogether. Possibly a visit from CPS.

Protip for 2022: the period of time in early January after the holidays and kids go back to school is the best because there aren't crowds and it's too cold for native Floridians. An ex took me for my college graduation and at 45 degrees, the park sold out of hot chocolate and mittens.

Back on COVID - it is incredibly depressing that we are approaching 1000% of the hospitalization numbers we were at when we bottomed out in September. That, to me, is one of the things I'm most optimistic about with the vaccine. If older and other high risk folks get widespread access to it, hospitalizations will drop. That's not to say that younger, healthy folks don't get it or don't get very sick - they absolutely do - but they are less likely to need medical care. More people have access to better healthcare when they're less sick if there are less severely ill people taking up beds, staff, and supplies. That's reason to hope with the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts