U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2020, 10:04 AM
 
5,632 posts, read 6,049,894 times
Reputation: 13363

Advertisements

Some people are going nuts being in the house for so long and for so much time. Anyone have any ideas of where someone can go as a getaway for a few days to be alone and restore their emotional state? Say 3ish hrs from Boston.

Not really many places are even open so it's not like someone can book a room in a little town and walk around, browse shops, get dinner, a drink, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2020, 10:09 AM
 
13,445 posts, read 10,213,136 times
Reputation: 7470
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Some people are going nuts being in the house for so long and for so much time. Anyone have any ideas of where someone can go as a getaway for a few days to be alone and restore their emotional state? Say 3ish hrs from Boston.

Not really many places are even open so it's not like someone can book a room in a little town and walk around, browse shops, get dinner, a drink, etc.
Plenty of camping options up north. In Maine, you can avoid the quarantine via. a negative Covid test <72 hours prior to arrival. Not sure what NH or VT are doing right now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2020, 01:51 PM
 
18,454 posts, read 10,392,857 times
Reputation: 32798
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Plenty of camping options up north. In Maine, you can avoid the quarantine via. a negative Covid test <72 hours prior to arrival. Not sure what NH or VT are doing right now.
Vermont is a 14-day quarantine for the plague people. NH counties north of Concord and ME counties north of Portland with low COVID-19 rates are allowed in. Same for many of the rural upstate NY counties.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2020, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Boston MA area
103 posts, read 34,913 times
Reputation: 142
I thought I heard yesterday that VT, NH, CT were no quarantine for other New England and perhaps New York State folks. ME has the Test or quarantine from MA and CT/RI. Only VT and NH are excuse from their testing and quarantine. I guess Southern NH may have a Boston rating!


If you have a private place to stay, make sure you take all the groceries you need for your stay, plan to not go anyplace public. Just hiking and quarantine in a new place. Check State info before you go, have plenty of cloth and or disposable masks and some gloves, hand sanitizer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2020, 02:20 PM
 
13,445 posts, read 10,213,136 times
Reputation: 7470
Quote:
Originally Posted by queerfaith View Post
I thought I heard yesterday that VT, NH, CT were no quarantine for other New England and perhaps New York State folks. ME has the Test or quarantine from MA and CT/RI. Only VT and NH are excuse from their testing and quarantine. I guess Southern NH may have a Boston rating!


If you have a private place to stay, make sure you take all the groceries you need for your stay, plan to not go anyplace public. Just hiking and quarantine in a new place. Check State info before you go, have plenty of cloth and or disposable masks and some gloves, hand sanitizer.
ME no longer requires a quarantine for NH, VT, CT, NY and NJ residents. Those from MA and RI are still required to test or quarantine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2020, 03:04 PM
 
5,572 posts, read 5,090,414 times
Reputation: 2909
Wait do you mean WHILE you are dealing with COVID 19? or just during this period of time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2020, 08:35 AM
 
12,253 posts, read 13,543,953 times
Reputation: 16556
Up north is business as usually. Plenty of MA and out of state plates flowing north yesterday as I returned back from NH.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2020, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
2,708 posts, read 3,985,911 times
Reputation: 3052
Just take a couple of day trips around the region. You can head off one early morning to one place, come home late in the evening, and then head off again the next day. Central and Western MA and the rural parts of CT and RI are doable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2020, 02:14 PM
 
Location: NNJ
12,478 posts, read 6,930,078 times
Reputation: 13320
Camping seems like a good idea to spend your time in quarantine...

I don't think they assume you'll be quarantining indoors..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2020, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Boring suburb in the North
6,683 posts, read 2,720,213 times
Reputation: 4962
Do you pack your own food and frinks for a day trip? Are bathrooms available on the way?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top