Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2023, 02:14 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times

Advertisements

lock her up for life in the looney bin. Figure out what to do with her after she's been removed from civilized society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 02:14 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,750 times
None. And the length of time it takes for them to lose conciousness and then die. She had to do that 3 times.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:16 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Yeah, I mean she still could get jail time it's not like this is over. I guess this is why she hired Kevin Reddington. But what a disgrace...especially the do I need a lawyer question? Uh yeah, you just murdered 3 kids what do you think?
Of course this isn't over, today was just the arraignment. They'll be back in court on May 2nd.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:24 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Of course this isn't over, today was just the arraignment. They'll be back in court on May 2nd.
there just seems to be anger from people in that she got off easy because she is going to spaulding rehab and not shattuck.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:26 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,720,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
Total BS. And the judge- go easy because she had no criminal history. WTF
This was only a bail issue. It doesn't affect what her ultimate sentence would be. As a practical matter, she currently needs intense medical treatment. She's unlikely to escape anywhere in the near future. And this way she/her insurance/her gofundme is paying the medical bills. I would assume the state would be paying for them if she were locked up in a state hospital.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
This was only a bail issue. It doesn't affect what her ultimate sentence would be. As a practical matter, she currently needs intense medical treatment. She's unlikely to escape anywhere in the near future. And this way she/her insurance/her gofundme is paying the medical bills. I would assume the state would be paying for them if she were locked up in a state hospital.
I am aware of what an arraignment is and that it has no bearing on her trial and eventual
sentence.

She could have been locked up in Shattuck and transported to an outpatient facility when appropriate. She does not deserve better accomodations and care just because she never offended prior. I would have been happy yo see my tax dollars pay for that. She does not deserve better than the rest.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:52 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,954,036 times
Quote:
Her lawyer is making her a victim. The press is as well.

I’ve also seen people who feel the need to share that they were PPD survivors because they want to feel part of a victimhood.

I find the paychology of public opinion fascinating. She does not fit a narrative and it makes people uncomfortable- young, successful, educated, beautiful family in a toney community. This doesn’t happen. But it does. So people are searching for reasons- look at all of them here. From the Bridgewater Triangle to marital woes. With zero proof and minimal facts. It is human nature to seek a reason. Some people want to believe she had no control (making her a victim) and others want to believe she was in control and made a choice whcih makes her pure evil.

I have heard the same gory details and beleive they will will come out Tuesday which is why the lawyer is working so hard to paint this picture.
Let's call it what it is: well to do white privilege. Heck if they were poor whites this wouldn't be happening, particularly the GFM. Forget it if they were minorities.

Race and class have a lot to do with what's going on here.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:53 PM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
It's also not really all that unusual. The medical needs take precedence over the psychiatric needs as a rule, even for people who are incarcerated. Shattuck can handle forensic psychiatric cases (and it's one of a few locations that can), but it doesn't have the ability to handle complex medical cases. Most psychiatric facilities are ill-equipped to handle serious medical conditions (which is part of the reason we have a major issue with psychiatric patients with medical needs ending up stuck in emergency rooms - but that's another story). Until she's medically cleared, there's really no way she's going to end up in a state forensic psychiatric facility. I'm sure the prosecutors knew that. I'm also sure they'll keep close tabs on her condition and request a move again as soon as it seems like she's able.

Regarding taxpayer dollars, I have little doubt there will be a heavy police guard at her bed side the entire time she's there. That will certainly cost something. Whether it's more or less than an inpatient stay at Shattuck, I'm not sure. But I don't think that's really all that important relative to the rest of it.

Old 02-07-2023, 02:59 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default re

Quote:
I am aware of what an arraignment is and that it has no bearing on her trial and eventual
sentence.

She could have been locked up in Shattuck and transported to an outpatient facility when appropriate. She does not deserve better accomodations and care just because she never offended prior. I would have been happy yo see my tax dollars pay for that. She does not deserve better than the rest.
it is kind of weird to me that in these situations they always always feel the need to mention when the person has no past criminal history. Who cares?? They maybe didn't have any past record but they just KILLED 3 people. It's not the first time I've heard this. Like the person deserves credit for not having a criminal record in their previous years of life.

Old 02-07-2023, 03:10 PM

Exactly and it’s not like her first crime was larceny or defrauding an innkeeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts