U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-02-2008, 03:59 PM

84 posts, read 249,799 times
Default Escaping To The Cape

Visited This Gem Of A State Back Last October And Fell In Love We Stayed The Majority Of Our Trip In The Western Part And Northern Areas. This Go Around We Will Be Traveling Throughout The Cape In July-august!! Any Must See Things To Do? I Have Heard About The Whale Watching But Not Sure Which One To Pick. Any Help From You Guys Will Be Great!!Escaping To The Cape-mydc0115.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM

130 posts, read 225,409 times
My vote is for the Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch of Provincetown. Provincetown, at the tip of Cape Cod, is about 50-60 min away from my home in the mid-Cape. There are whale watch companies right here where I live, but I choose to drive the distance b/c I think they are the best. I think they've been doing the whale watches the longest of all the boats around here.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:10 PM

Another suggestion txbaker27 if you are a fan of fish and chips, then you have to visit Captain Frosty's on Rt 6A in Dennis, Mass. They are very well regarded as having the best clams, fish and chips, lobster rolls, etc. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh! Worth the trip!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happy View Post
Another suggestion txbaker27 if you are a fan of fish and chips, then you have to visit Captain Frosty's on Rt 6A in Dennis, Mass. They are very well regarded as having the best clams, fish and chips, lobster rolls, etc. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh! Worth the trip!
Yes very much a fan!!! I will make a note of this place and make sure to stop by!!! I really cant wait to get back for a big oh lobster roll!!!!!!!! No one around here has ever had one before so I had to order some of the famous "new england rolls" off of a website i googled (because no other bread will taste right) We made some for friends and family and the loved it. For a brief moment I was back in MA!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happy View Post
My vote is for the Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch of Provincetown. Provincetown, at the tip of Cape Cod, is about 50-60 min away from my home in the mid-Cape. There are whale watch companies right here where I live, but I choose to drive the distance b/c I think they are the best. I think they've been doing the whale watches the longest of all the boats around here.
That solves it then Dolphin Fleet is it so far that has been the most suggested from what i have read on other sites too!!! Thanks for the input!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 PM

406 posts, read 1,121,938 times
There's a company out of Barnstable Harbor that has a great boat for whale watching as well...I've gone a few times and it's been wonderful. Great staff too.

You have to see the National Seashore...if you're anywhere near Falmouth check out Nobska Point. You can take the Island Queen to Martha's Vineyard and be there in about a half an hour...go for breakfast and shop around...it's busy, but a fun atmosphere. The south side of the Cape has the warmer water...Falmouth Heights beach is usually warm...Old Silver beach is awesome (I believe it's West Falmouth). Osterville is quaint...drive through there if you can...some gorgeous old mansions on the water.

Oh...hands down the BEST fish and chips I've ever had is Kreme and Kone on Rt. 28 in Dennis...you will NOT be sorry...and their chowder is delish. OMG I would love some right now.

DM me if you want any more info...I was born, raised, and lived on the Cape for over 40 years...I would be happy to offer you any assistance.

Enjoy your trip

Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,696 times
Default Nantucket

take the time to take the Ferry out of Hyannis to Nantucket. The shopping is great and they have quite a few good restuarants also.When you get back to the mainland go to Sea Gull beach in yarmouth. It is a beautiful beach. We also like to go to Four Seas Ice cream shop in Centerville. It is the bast place for ice Cream

Old 06-04-2008, 01:32 PM

406 posts, read 1,121,938 times
mmmmm Four Seas...their hot fudge sauce is soooo good...my favorite ice cream too.

Nantucket is very quaint...I love it.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 PM

Txbaker27, definitely check out Four Seas icecream. It is some good !!! I think they've been in business for 70 yrs. I'm not really sure, but the icecream is excellent. Very rich. You are going to have to let us know how it compares to Blue Bell down in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts