Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 AM

42 posts, read 204,406 times

Advertisements

I'm also getting out of the south! I live Memphis tn and I can't wait to move to
Ma my stepbrother grew up in Beverly so I'm thinking of either Beverly burlington Quincy braintree something like that I'm looking to leave in September of 09 hopefully transfering with my job but if not I will go anyway ive been looking for jobs I think ma is a great place for same sex couples and family I'm single now but hope I will find the "one" and we to can live in ma and raise a family its ideal! This thead was a great idea! Keep posting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 01:30 PM

106 posts, read 682,204 times
Thanks for the good wishes, Roo. I would like to keep everyone posted on how my trip is going but dont know if I will be able to. I am going to be driving as much as I can each day. I don't want the trip to take to long because I will be driving with my cat and don't want to stress her out too much. And i plan on trying to keep this thread going as long as I can because there are so many people wanting to make the move. I will also keep posting to let everyone know everything I find out about MA. Both good and bad.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:42 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
I came back to MA on October 1st, and I am so happy I came back from Florida. I got a job here in a week, after 5 months of looking in Florida.... It is beautiful here, nice people all over(of course I knew that since I am from here). Nice and cool...

Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 PM

7 posts, read 15,402 times
Hi. I am from Texas, born and raised. I just happened upon this website and am very glad to have done so. It seems that maybe I just found a way to get some help on what I want to do. I too want to move to MA. My reasons for moving there is for someone. I imagine that life would be quite different then I know from here. I find myself wanting to be able to move within the next six months but there is so much to do. I need a job. I need a place to live. I would not be moving in with him..however I would hope that would be the next step. lol..... I want to try to move close to Weymouth as possible..if not that same town. So any advice that anyone would have for me...I would greatly appreciate it. Indigorose, thanks for posting this thread! great idea!

kat

Old 10-19-2008, 10:46 PM

Well as I have said before I cant take credit for the original idea but I am glad that I got the thread going. Hearing about others that want to move and from those that have made the move have been so heart-warming. Thank you ChrisA70 for posting! I have totally given up on finding a job here so that made my decision to move now easier. Hearing that you found a job within a week is GREAT! Congratulations! I hope I have just as much luck. What part of MA are you in?

Old 10-20-2008, 04:24 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
I moved to extreme western MA, Pittsfield, in the Berkshires. I am originally from Northampton, MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorose View Post
Well as I have said before I cant take credit for the original idea but I am glad that I got the thread going. Hearing about others that want to move and from those that have made the move have been so heart-warming. Thank you ChrisA70 for posting! I have totally given up on finding a job here so that made my decision to move now easier. Hearing that you found a job within a week is GREAT! Congratulations! I hope I have just as much luck. What part of MA are you in?

Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM

Well I'm heading out in a few hours but dont know if I will make it to MA. Due to unforeseen financial situations, I no longer have the funds to rent a place in MA. I will be going to MI to visit my sister so maybe something will happen there that will get me to my goal. I will keep everyone posted on my journey though.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
Oh, thats to bad indigorose! I hope things work out for you somehow. You know that southern mass is quite affordable. It's just places around Boston that are so expensive. I have found plenty of rental homes around the cape and further south that are nice for less rent. We already have a job in place through a transfer though. We don't make much, but live within our means nicely. The Beach towns seem easier for us, not a lot of Joneses to keep up with, more relaxed. We will see. Keep us informed of your travels, always interesting. Lucky for us any school in MA far exceeds most of the schools in Phoenix, we don't have to search far. lol
Nice thread by the way!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,409 times
Hello,
I'm working on a project from my Math class and I have to put together a budget for living in Newton, Massachussetts. I have tried to estimate some of the things that I need to include in my budget using the web, but I just can't get specific numbers. I have never owned a house so my idea that makes it kind of worse. Here is what I need:
Cooling bills. I am to estimate the costs based on a family home of 2.5 bathrooms and three bedrooms.
How do I figure out how much per month is the water sewer service? I read your numbers but I wasn;t sure what hcf stands for... Also, what are the Electricity and trash monthly expenses
I appreciate it!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:40 PM

50 posts, read 146,595 times
Default Las Vegas to Boston Area.......

Hi all...My husband is interviewing w/a company in Woburn which could possibly mean a move from Las Vegas to the Boston area. I'm kind of freaked out about the rental rates I've been reading about. We currently rent a 4 bdrm/2 bath/2 car garage about 1800 sq ft. @ $1195.00/mo., small postage stamp yard w/a small patch of grass. We're in our early 50's, have no children, however, we do have four dogs which is another main concern. My husband is a homebody/cyclist/history buff, I like to go, go go and see, but don't mind driving a bit to so so. Is anyone familiar with a good real estate agent or relocation co that could point us in the right direction? Also, just how bad are the winters there and how good is the gardening?

Longing for real seafood, fresh produce stands, grass, trees and water......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts