Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 19,057 times

Advertisements

My family will be traveling from western Mass. and Portland, ME and would like to meet in the middle for lunch/dinner. We were thinking the marlborough area up to lowell along the 495 is about halfway for all. Any ideas on good restaurants in that area? We would like someplace that's not super expensive, with a good variety menu (steaks, pasta, sandwiches), and one that we can hear ourselves talk in and not feel like we need to rush and leave (we'll be there on the weekend). So far, all I've come up with is the Horseshoe Pub or Finnegans Pub in Hudson and Tweeds Pub Restaurant in Northborough. Are any of these good? Any other ideas will also be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 AM

193 posts, read 407,855 times
Some of the places I can think of in the Marlborough area are Guiseppe's Grill near the Solomon Pond Mall right off I-290 before you get to I-495. There is an Olive Garden near the mall & a TGIF & Bertucci's in the mall. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse on Rte 20 near I-495.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:12 PM

19 posts, read 72,995 times
Downtown Lowell, directly off the 495 to Lowell Connector has Cobblestones (sort of medium upscale American), Centro (Prime rib, steaks, seafood, Italian ), there a new and pretty decent Spanish Tapas place across the street from Barnes & Nobel (can't recall the name), and Fortunato's (Italian) and a new Texas Barbecue place that looks interesting (around the corner from Fortunato's). Also, Blue Taleh for Sushi, Etsogo, not fancy but good, for Chinese. There's a lot to like about Lowell.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 PM

87 posts, read 458,268 times
Infusions Bistro in Chelmsford is excellent.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:07 PM

12 posts, read 72,105 times
Old Timer Restaurant in Clinton has the best afforable Prime Rib according to my father when last they visited, we ate there twice in 1 wk. The cook is an Irishman with a lovely singing voice, the Guinness on tap is very good and the inside of the restaurant looks like a dimly lit Swiss Chalet. It's worth extra drive time (about 20 min NW of Marlboro). Old Timer Restaurant and Tap Room - A leading Irish Restaurant and Pub in New England since 1929

Guiseppes in Northboro has good Italian but it can be loud if there is a band playing in the bar. Skip the Olive Garden across from the Mall, the food is so-so and the wait time is outragous.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
For BBQ Firefly's on Rt. 20 in Marlboro.
There is also a Kennedy's in Marlboro

Old 11-08-2008, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 19,057 times
Thanks for all of the suggestions!! I'll definitely be checking them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts